What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LCD screen question

Knight87

Juniors
ok, i have a computer with an LCD screen. I was just wondering, how do clean/clear off smudge marks that appear on the screen? Thanks

LCD screens are coated by a material which can change its optical properties when an electric current is applied. It works by either blocking or allowing light to pass through. It is NOT recommended that you clean such screens normally!

Azkatro

First Grade
This is a pretty good question I think. What I would suggest is finding some DRY cloths that are definitely won't scratch your screen (and won't leave particle residue like tissues). Go to the chemist and get a 100ml or so bottle of isopropyl alcohol. Mix a few capfuls of the alcohol with 7-8 capfuls of water into a container and dab the cloth in it. Wipe the monitor as needed and then use a dry cloth to wipe away the fluid (I find leaving it to dry leaves streaks.. better to wipe it off).