What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Identities - What are they up to?

Similar to the Social pages in your average local rag, where celebrities are spotted in and around town, I thought it might be an idea to log the whereabouts of our favourite league identities during the long off-season. Whether they are climbing Mt Everest or buying a Chocolate Moove from the local corner store, let us all know your sightings.

Starting off..

Seen at the Engadine RTA Motor registry this morning - none other than LUKE COVELL!! Obtaining his new photo licence.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there are apparently 9 of our players, coincidently enough all forwards are just about to become fathers during the off season.

that's freakish.

Bib

Juniors
I work in a Servo and players and league identities i have seen include

Paul Harrigan (Loves Egg and Lettuce rolls!)
Willie Mason (He is one big boy)
Brad Clyde (He has a really girly voice)
Wayne Peace (Good Bloke)
David Farleigh (solid bloke)
Mike Rabbits (NBN sports reader)

Non league players

Nathan Bracken (Tall!)
John Newcombe
Tony Roach

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why "League Identities - what are they up to" as the title? Might as well just call it star spotting. :?

iggy plop

First Grade
I saw Spiro Zavos whilst walking to my local TAB today and sarcastically asked him how the rugby league was going. He had absolutely nothing in return.

That's Rebecca Watson and Spiro floppy nose all in the same week!

Glen

Bench
Andrew Ryan goes to my gym. Well I saw hime once earlier this year and have never seen him there since. Obviously he does most of his work at the Dogs' gym

Nugby

Juniors
Saw McLinden at my gym a couple days after he pulled the Karmichael step on Hunt to beat the Broncos. I think he came along just to explain to a mate how you use gym equipment at the University of Canberra.

But no-one famous since the start of the off-season.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Saw both Sneaky Pete and David Farleigh in Terrigal the other day..

f**k me...David is a massive,massive boy.

aqua_duck

Coach
I saw Jonny Thurston at a take away store in belmore last year, ordered the greasiest thing on the menu, a bacon and egg roll and a plate of chips with "heaps of chicken salt brother".

Also see a few of the roosters boys at bondi beach KFC.
So far seen:
Ned Catic in there buying 2 kids meals for his kids and a original fillet burger meal for himself
Iosia Soliola buy a large extreme meal (boy he's even uglier in real life)
Anthony Tupou buying something for his gf and actually didn't appreciate something that the kid behind the counter said to him

Also seen Willie Tonga and Willie Mason at bondi junction westfields at the start of the year, Willie Mason had a big hood over his head to avoid attention but Willie Tonga was just wearing a black T shirt and shorts and was easuly recognisable.

And last but not least I saw Reni Maitua on crutches a few months back in Maroubra, a few roosters fans gave him a hard time from across the road calling him a cripple and the like, and he responded with the finger.

aqua_duck

Coach
Oh and I also saw Tonie Carroll earlier in the year at shooters on the GC, the guy looks nothing like a pro athlete in real life.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I used to work at a video store and Jason Cayless had like a thousand dollar late fee that I doubt he will ever pay. Used to get Dennis Moran and Dean Widders in the store quite frequently.

Bernster

Juniors
Luke O'Donnell was in at my sisters work the afternoon after the Cowboys smashed the Parrascum the other week and Josh Hannay was at this servo that my sister was at the same week.

Other than that...I see a lot of the Cowboys players out at one of the Nightclubs in town.

An41

Juniors
I saw Liam Fulton at a small coffee shop near surry hills yesterday reading the paper

Latest posts