What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

league supporters want storm to play for points

would you be happy for the storm to be premiers this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taxidriver

Coach
this is the story i keep hearing

let the storm play for points.

so let me ask this question.

would you be ok if the storm lifted the trophy in october

Dutchy

Immortal
Let them play for points, but the penalty has to be more harsh than 8 points.

I'd say, make them start on -22. 30 points seems fair, Dogs lost 37.

adamkungl

Immortal
Poll options are rubbish.
Imo when they get below the cap, they should be allowed to play for points.

taxidriver

Coach

poll options are totally fair

how do you failry get them under the cap?

what happens to the players cut?

where do they recruit new players to get to the 25 man squad?

even if players are cut, isnt the core of the squad still illegally assembled?

taxidriver

Coach
Let them play for points, but the penalty has to be more harsh than 8 points.

I'd say, make them start on -22. 30 points seems fair, Dogs lost 37.

so youd make it impossible for them to make the eight

how does this exactly give them more motivation to play?

lsta5838

Juniors
I don't think they should be allowed to compete at all, until they are below the cap - wether it be releasing some players to another club in the NRL or overseas, or convincing the players to take a combined pay cut of 700k.

If their team remains the same as it is now, then it is not fair to their opposition each week, if they get beaten. My team, Penrith, has already lost to this team that is over the cap and I think we should receive the two points.

If a team in the last round needs a win to make the 8 and they lose to an illegally constructed team, they are entited to be filthy.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think that the Storm should be allowed to play for points unless they get $700k worth of talent first. If they can bring their roster back to one playing under the same rules as the rest of us, they should be allowed to earn points. Until then they should consider themselves lucky that they're even allowed to play. IMO it's unfair that teams have to play an illegally assembled squad to earn two points that the Storm can't. Some teams have already had to face their illegally assembled squad, while others will have to play them twice. That's potentially 4 points they had very little chance at earning.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Agree it would be good if we got the 2 pts we lost to against Melbourne, but then every club that loses against Melbourne would have to get the 2 pts as well, which would render the match completely pointless. Gallop has shown his total lack of foresight with this 'solution'.

gronkathon

First Grade
They could get to 1 million under the cap and they still should not get any points.

The Storm have robbed every league fan of every club a fair competition.

f**k them

lsta5838

Juniors
Also, the fact that they are still allowed to play in the comp, even though it is known they are over the cap and are cheating, is a farce. It just makes no sense to me.

big country

Juniors
Also, the fact that they are still allowed to play in the comp, even though it is known they are over the cap and are cheating, is a farce. It just makes no sense to me.

AGREED - they should be grateful they're getting some practice this season

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I agree, until they are proven their squad of players will be under the cap, they play for no points.

Once they get players under the cap, they should play for points, starting on zero.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i wouldn wnt them to win the premiershipwith the players they have, if they got rid of players, i might feel differently, i say stick them on -19 and see if they have the motivation to get back to 0 points

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I dont care if they have to cut, suspend players, bring in young players who are under the cap, as long as they play with a legal team.

Theyre still playing with an illegal side.

Quidgybo

Bench
this is the story i keep hearing

let the storm play for points.

so let me ask this question.

would you be ok if the storm lifted the trophy in october
It's not the black and white question you propose. It's perfectly feasible to have them able to play for points and still prevent them making the finals. Either, as I have proposed elsewhere, don't allow them to earn points until after round 13 (the halfway mark of the season), or start them from next weekend on -10 points. Either way, assuming you deny them points for byes, they could only win a theoretical maximum of 24 points. That has been enough to make the finals only once in the history of the NRL and no team has ever made the finals with less than 24 points. They'd need to win either 12 straight or 17 straight to do it - fielding a team with $1m worth of playing talent torn out of it mid season and under the salary cap just like every other team. I'd be happy to give them that chance. If you're not, start them after round 14 or start them next weekend on -12 points so the most they can win is 22. Problem solved. No finals and all matches counting for points.

Leigh.

nqcowboy87

Bench
It's not the black and white question you propose. It's perfectly feasible to have them able to play for points and still prevent them making the finals. Either, as I have proposed elsewhere, don't allow them to earn points until after round 13 (the halfway mark of the season), or start them from next weekend on -10 points. Either way, assuming you deny them points for byes, they could only win a theoretical maximum of 24 points. That has been enough to make the finals only once in the history of the NRL and no team has ever made the finals with less than 24 points. They'd need to win either 12 straight or 17 straight to do it - fielding a team with $1m worth of playing talent torn out of it mid season and under the salary cap just like every other team. I'd be happy to give them that chance. If you're not, start them after round 14 or start them next weekend on -12 points so the most they can win is 22. Problem solved. No finals and all matches counting for points.

Leigh.

yeh, i say put them on - minus 19 and see if they have the motivation to get back to a break even point, i know if i was given the choice i know id work my ass off too see if i could get back to 0, itd be a challenge, but id put in.

adamkungl

Immortal
taxidriver said:

Shop players to other clubs

play for other clubs

reserve grade, nyc like everyone else

they would have to cut the core of their squad to get under the cap.
At least 1 of their big names would have to go, and a couple of mid-tier players. If they drop a bunch of mid-tier or young players they wouldn't be able to field a team anyway because they would have to get rid of so many to get under

Didgi

Give the Storm 2 weeks to get everyone under the cap through cuttings, payouts, releases, whatever, restart them on 0 and let them play. If they were under the cap I would cheer for them in the GF against anyone not from QLD.

Latest posts