What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lebanon withdrawn from Pacific Test Invitational, Fiji replace

Burns

First Grade

Bit late on this one.

The Ticketek site now lists PNG v Fiji, followed by Tonga v Samoa.

I’m glad Fiji are playing a test, as before this they have nothing announced.

Thoughts? Feel that this will kill off all momentum for Lebanon, which is an unfortunate trade off for continuing Fiji. Can’t have both I guess?

Pommy

Coach
Im sure we could have a third game. There was last season when England played Samoa. Lebanon vs Cooks would be an easy one to organise I’m sure.
I think the issues here are more to do with the arguments the lebenese are having with themselves rather than giving Fiji an opertunity.

Burns

First Grade
Oh no doubt it’s due to Lebanon’s internal issues. But given as there seemed to be no appetite for the ‘third game’ this year (for whatever reason), I guess I’m glad that Fiji have been able to get a game.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Are the Fijian players still boycotting? If so they may struggle to field a team.

On Lebanon, it would have been great to seem them get a game but it is the PACIFIC test afterall so I'm glad they are not taking Fiji's place.

This Pacific Test will hopefully show how much momentum was gained in last year's world cup. This event should really grow over the next couple of years. I'm thinking rotate it between Auckland and the new Parra Stadium each year until it is ready to become a full-blown Pacific Cup (hopefully in the next TV deal during three stand-alone Origin / rep weekends).

latingringo101

Juniors
Hopefully the RLIF sorting out the pay disputes helped encourage Fiji and their players to play in this again.

As for Lebanon, hopefully they can get their in-house issues sorted out and play in Internationals this year