What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Hagipantelis on the warpath: sponsorship pulled, Tigers put in their place

gordsy

Juniors
For all of Lee and Justin's courting of the press all that seemed to happen was they shit in Lee's mouth and told him it was chocolate.

Lee is just dirty as he thought his sponsorship dollars would mean he would be courted and doted upon like he was King Midas as well as giving him access and control.
We all know that when Richo told him to go jerk Buzz off his little ego was shattered and he decided to write a poison letter and leak it Buzz. What a pathetic excuse of a man he has proven to be.

Shit sinks and cream floats and we all know which one Lee is. Good riddance to treacherous scum.

DJDL

Bench
Ya gotta love buzz's bias.
The sensationalist headlines seemed to be missing when he wrote about his Cronulla boy Trindall's drunk/drugged driving.
Then again, did he even report on it at all ?

Rothfield was the only journalist to run with the "scoop" that Trindall was "in rehab" and "won't be in any state to play again for a long time".
He ran with it the day before Trindall returned to training.

Turns out Trindall is receiving counseling for issues with alcohol, not in rehab at all.
It is just another in a long list of examples of Buzz having no clue about anything, and a penchant for dreaming up sensationalist garbage, with little regard for the effects on whoever he is writing about.

I remember Gus Gould was asked a few years ago, when he and Buzz were having digs at each other in the media, what he had against Buzz. After much prodding for a response he finally offered "I don't respect his opinion".
That is the most astute thing I've ever heard pass from Gus' lips.

As to Lee, the sponsorship is up for renewal at the end of this year.
I dare say the Tigers had no intention of renewing and are eager to wash their hands of him.
Richo is a smart operator. He's already added a sleeve sponsor. I pretty much guarantee he's been drumming up interest for major sponsorship. And for more than the $1mio p.a. Brydens pay.

Quotes like this from Lee:
“I speak of the representatives of the stakeholders with whom I had the displeasure of serving on the Board." speak as to the calibre of the man.

And this from Richo just reinforces it:
"There’s really no difference in that letter to what he actually said to me when I met with him when I first got to the Wests Tigers.”

You guys are infinitely better off without him having any kind of involvement with the club.