What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Leilua about to sign with the dogs apparently, hopefully he stays since we gave him a opportunity in the top grade.

TheRev

First Grade
Surprising to say the least! To hell with NSW Cup! But really our 4th forward does very little minutes anyway, so no harm giving him a bash, he has the size and a preseason I reckon will transform him.

Im also sure its related to retaining his contract for 2017.. wants to know he will get a shot.

St Tangles

Bench
Im also sure its related to retaining his contract for 2017.. wants to know he will get a shot.

I hope so.
Knowing our club he'll have a good game off the bench.
The doggies will up their offer and we won't be able to match it.
Apologies for being negative I just can't help it at the moment.
My first memory of the club was the being at the 75 grand final as a kid.
Supported through thick and thin.
Struggling as a fan at present.

FireRedV

Juniors
It's no doubt they're giving him a shot because they're trying to keep him but I don't care. If that's what it takes. Losing Jack was big, losing Luciano would be just as big. Has a massive future.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
This may be the catalyst for him staying or going.
IF he gets a start I probably expect an announcement he has re-signed.
I also noticed he was featured on the NYC team list video.
They're really going hard for him to stay....which is encouraging.

Minh

First Grade
It sure looks like a catalyst for him to stay as it'd be strange to give him a shot and then he goes elsewhere.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
There must be something brewing here because the Dragons never announce any change to the selected team between the Tuesday team list and the update an hour before the match even when a player cops a suspension at the Wednesday judiciary hearing. But today the website makes this big announcement that Leilua gets his first game and shows Hornby making his jersey presentation.

Dragsters

First Grade
Great news

Let's hope he gets a run, goes well and inks a new deal soon.

Go big Luc, go you good thing!

blacksafake

First Grade
It sure looks like a catalyst for him to stay as it'd be strange to give him a shot and then he goes elsewhere.
Hope your'e right Minh,Don't forget they gave B Moz the captaincy only for him to be let go shortly after.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Mybe there learning from old mistakes. Mybe there's light at the end of the tunnel

one day soon

Juniors
Great move for potentially great player. First steps on the road for a very bright future. Thanks Mary for a surprising selection, but one will pay dividends down the track.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
There must be something brewing here because the Dragons never announce any change to the selected team between the Tuesday team list and the update an hour before the match even when a player cops a suspension at the Wednesday judiciary hearing. But today the website makes this big announcement that Leilua gets his first game and shows Hornby making his jersey presentation.
I thought the same thing when i saw this.
Its gotta be positive spin to keep the natives from getting any more restless.
Every saints fan has been banging on about giving the young guys more of a go on facebook etc so Doust and co are just trying to please. Great to see him get a shot at it though and really hope he doesn't go to the player poaching grubs.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I definitely think that Doust and Mary are watching these threads and trying to placate us as the last few weeks they are implementing our suggestions. We better watch what we say or we might have to sack ourselves if we have a poor win/lose ratio in the next five challenging games. The Broncos pack is not that big so maybe our team can hold them.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I wonder if the other three coaches have ganged up on Mary as they are sick of him making them look stupid. They would be well aware of the capabilities of the players in the lower grades and would be wanting to advance them.