What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Catalans ground

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Taken from

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15919

p1020597_130.jpg

p1020598_181.jpg

p1020599_741.jpg

p1020608_104.jpg

p1020610_271.jpg

Looking good, should have a good atmosphere on game day.

roopy

Referee
the bench seats look good to me - not the sort we are used to - but they look comfortable

Jeffles

Bench
Not many private corporate facilities. The ground isn't quite finished yet so maybe they come later.

Who is Gilbert Brutus ?

Gilbert Brutus -2nd August 1887 / 7th March 1944- is :
. a former RU player,
. a former RU club manager -CEO and President-,
. a former RU coach manager,
. a former RU referee,
. a former President of the French Committee for selection of the French RU team
. the former big boss of the Secret Services of the French Résistance for the region Languedoc Roussillon,
. an Heroe of the French Résistance,
. a man killed by the gestapo and the milice on 7th March 1944, at around 5 in the morning, in Perpignan (like it has been for several other managers, players and fans of the FRU)
. and, a great friend of Jean Galia.

More information there:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Brutus
and in the book of my father's friend (a former RU and RL player -a pionner-).

bartman

Immortal
Some interesting reading on french forums if you search... stories that they belatedly realised they had only planned four urinals and two cubicles on the away stand (forgot the name) side of the ground, so were getting portaloos ready for season opening. :lol:

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Look out the the great French rugby union apologist is back.

I dare him to make one post about rugby league thats totally positive and doesn't have a union bent to it.

When was the last time you attented a rugby league match rugby15france+livrade+sav+vichy?

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
bartman said:
Some interesting reading on french forums if you search... stories that they belatedly realised they had only planned four urinals and two cubicles on the away stand (forgot the name) side of the ground, so were getting portaloos ready for season opening. :lol:

I had raised the issue of the problem of the toilets in the rugby league fans forum. The other writers thought it was a joke. Now they know the planning has been done by idiots.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
AlbertRosenfeld said:
I had raised the issue of the problem of the toilets in the rugby league fans forum. The other writers thought it was a joke. Now they know the planning has been done by idiots.

As you can see in the exchange below, I raised this issue on December 11.

AlbertRosenfeld
Cheeky half-back

MALE6.JPG

Location: George Hotel, Huddersfield (basement rooms) Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:45 am This is a plea to the management of Les Catalans.

Last year most of Les Catalans home games were held in Aime Giral. This is an excellent stadium, better than many English rugby league club stadiums. (Only Wigan's JJB, Hull's Kingston Communications, and Huddersfield's Galpharm are better). The fans pleasure at coming to Perpignan was helped by the quality of the Aime Giral facilities, especially the seating.

But I am worried about the new Gilbert Brutus. I know that the Guasch Tribune in 2007 will be only a temporary one until it is torn down and rebuilt. But since it is being reserved for visiting fans, it is very important that the seating and toilets are adequate. Otherwise the English fans will be less excited about visiting again. Please ensure that good quality seats with some backs --- not just benches --- are placed there, even if they must be temporarily screwed into the floor, and are ready to be used again with the reconstruction of the Tribune at the end of the season.

Please also ensure that there are enough toilets there -- for women as well as men.

Puig-Aubert
100% League Network

8113089141c5ec1fb9889.jpg

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:32 am.

And plenty of soft toilet paper please.

belgianxiii
Cheeky half-back

Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006

Puig-Aubert wrote: And plenty of soft toilet paper please.

And what next? The moon on a stick?

AlbertRosenfeld
Cheeky half-back

MALE6.JPG

Location: George Hotel, Huddersfield (basement rooms) Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:10 am

This is serious. I want this club to succeed in a big way. It will only happen if it creates an attractive environment for spectators.

Comfortable seating for 10,000 and most with a good view is essential.