What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Davidson voted toughest man in League - EVER

Booyah

Bench
It was announced today in RLW that Former Sharkie and favourite player of myself, Les Davidson, has been voted by 20 of his 'toughest' peers as the toughest man to ever lace on a boot and play footy.

I'll eventually post the article for you all to see, but I think thats quite an achivement for the big man. Not the biggest bloke out there, but he sure as foick let blokes know he was there.

Good onya Davo.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would like to see the list of nominees.
Davo was a hard man indeed. Big field.

Booyah

Bench
Mr Angry said:
I would like to see the list of nominees.
Davo was a hard man indeed. Big field.

No worries. I'll dig it up when I get home and post the lot tomorrow. But basically, its a who's who of tough.

Marty Moose

Juniors
Remember the hit on Steven's one punch and knocked out cold. Still Stevo deserved it, he was playing for the dragqueens at the time.

I just got shivers down my spine the thought of steven's in a red and white jumper just doesn't seem right, I am glad he saw the light and got a black, white and blue jumper instead

Booyah

Bench
I remember in Tallis' book he said he was giving Davo a rap.

He said once they were playing against us and I can't think who it was, some Dragon Homo #-o .

Anyways, while he's playing the ball he's shaped up to Davo after a good solid tackle. Davo has belted him on the chops and knocked him out cold.

As he did this, the Saints Dummy-half came in for a biff and Davo collected him on the chops as well when he was pulling his arm back from the initial punch.

One punch. 2 unconcious players.

:clap: :lol:

Genius Freak

Juniors
Jason Williams was allegedly suspended by the team in the pre-season for *edit - tough things*. Maybe there's a new challenger on the horizon.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I remember that game when Bundy knocked both out.
Funny thing was, I saw hi do similar things on numerous occasions. Landing punches before the other guy(s) had finished thinking about whether to throw one.

dreary

Juniors
Davo was a champ and he loved these big games against saints. You knew that by the end of the match there would be at least one StGeorge player in Disney land from a big Davo right.

One game really sticks in my mind, was a pre-season game in Nambucca Heads against StGeorge where Brad Mackay shaped up to him and before he even knew what happened he was out cold, so some other second rower stepped in and got the same treatment. Two Saints players on their back out cold :clap:
Absolutely brilliant

dreary

Juniors
dreary said:
Davo was a champ and he loved these big games against saints. You knew that by the end of the match there would be at least one StGeorge player in Disney land from a big Davo right.

One game really sticks in my mind, was a pre-season game in Nambucca Heads that I went to against StGeorge. Brad Mackay shaped up to him and before Mackay even knew what happened he was out cold, so some other second rower stepped in and got the same treatment. Two Saints players on their back out cold :clap:
Absolutely brilliant

DJDL

Bench
I remember in one game were Davo gave it to Stevens, Stevens was out cold.

That was '96. According to an article I read on Stevo once he and his brother, Paul, had just signed with the Sharks at the time.
When he woke up in the dressing rooms and saw Sharks stuff he started saying to Paul "are we playing with the Sharks already?", and Paul was going "shhhhh. shhhhh" as they hadn't announced it yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In-a-rage

Juniors
Booyah said:

He said once they were playing against us and I can't think who it was, some Dragon Homo #-o .

Anyways, while he's playing the ball he's shaped up to Davo after a good solid tackle. Davo has belted him on the chops and knocked him out cold.

As he did this, the Saints Dummy-half came in for a biff and Davo collected him on the chops as well when he was pulling his arm back from the initial punch.

one was wayne collins the other brad mackay

In-a-rage

Juniors
Booyah said:

one was wayne collins the other brad mackay

Genius i think you will find Williams was also injured as as result of 'tough things'. He got injured when the players jump on him trying to stop him. It was his arm/elbow which is why he has the strapping on it at the moment when he plays.

No arguments with Davo's title from the stories which have been posted here.

Sharkie73

Bench
Booyah wrote:

He said once they were playing against us and I can't think who it was, some Dragon Homo .

I think the hooker was Collins also that Brad Mackay got belted as well I remember Les getting 10 in the bin and complaining to I think the Ref was Harrigan that it was 3 on 1 and why was he going to the Bin. I think Harrigans reply was "have a look behind you Les" :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Booyah

Bench
Rightio, here is the list fo the toughest, and their votes.

1980's

Mario Fenech;
Roberts, Davidson, Toovey

Peter Tunks;
G. Bugden, Davidson, T. Sheens

Steve Roach;
Tamati, Davidson, Boyd

Noel Cleal;
Boyd, Roach, K Ward

Rod Reddy;
Randall, Young, Reilly

Dean Lance;
Randall, Davidson, Gillespie

Sam Stewart;
Boyd, Davidson, Gillespie

Les Davidson;
Boyle, Miller, Gillespie

Mark Geyer;
Davidson, P. Kelly, C. Mortimer

Tony Butterfield;
Morley, Davidson, Price

Paul Harragon;
Toovey, Gilmeister, Carroll

Glenn Lazarus;
Gillespie, B.McGuire, Lance

Paul Sironen;
Jack, Davidson, Pearce

Trevor Gillmeister;
G. Allen, Davidson, Farrar

David Gillespie;
Toovey, Morley, Davidson

Dean Pay;
Davidson, Tallis, Gillespie

For the record, here are Davo's 5 toughest in today's game.

1. Adrian Morley - He just rips in and hasn't let the judiciary affect him. Others have toned down their aggression but not this bloke.

2. Shane Webcke - He's like a big oak tree - hard to move and always there. A powerful man.

3. Chris Beattie - Has toned down his tough-guy style to some extent after a few suspensions but is still a hard man.

4. Ruben Wiki - Has been a great competitor for many years and has lost none of the edge... still very fit and strong.

5. Scott Sattler - Won't hear of defeat and is an inspiration to his team-mates with his attitude and competitive nature.