What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let the NBA and the 04-05 Kobe-Lakers Begin.........

True EEL

Bench
ahhhhh........

i'll just forget about the trouble of Parramatta and all the baggage it brings and follow the trials and tribulations of the Shaq-less and Kobe-more LA Lakers.....man there was less trouble between those two than at Parramatta.... :?

anyone else follow the NBA??

i know its a bit un-patriotic and i love the NBL in Australia, but it's just not the same as the NBA......i mean going back to the Magic and Showtime Laker days and then Jordan (at the Bulls) and then Shaq and Kobe at the Lakers and now just Kobe "The Man" at teh "New lakers"....its great theatre really

strider

Post Whore
woohoo...something we can agree on :D (or maybe not - I don't like kobe).... I am a big fan of bball....watch all the NBA coverage I can get.

Kobe is a dog....talented player, but a complete wanker....infact i'd say most NBA players are probably wankers - but its still and exciting sport to watch.

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
C'mon..........whats so great about bouncing a ball to one end to put it in a basket? Hell, I'd rather watch AFL, at least there is some contact.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nah, I don't like basketball.

CONTACT basketball on the other hand ...

How much better would it be with tackles?

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Kobe and the Lakers suprised me today...i was expecting kobe to jack up about 40 shots, but he seemed to get everyone involved. My Nuggs on the other hand were terrible shooting 20% from the floor in the first half, to make the loss hurt worse Vo is out for the season.

Can't wait to get home so i can actually watch the games....12 days to go :clap: .

oldmancraigy

Coach
thewizard1o1: who is Vo? Is that Lenard? Bummer...

I'm a Rockets fan - relly looking forward to this season! Hoping that a return to 1994/95 days will happen!

Can't stand the Fakers though....

William Hung

Juniors
Rednecked Yobbo said:
C'mon..........whats so great about bouncing a ball to one end to put it in a basket? Hell, I'd rather watch AFL, at least there is some contact.

You think there's no contact in Basketball? Ha- there's a hell of a lot of it- it's a much more physical game than you'd think.

True EEL

Bench
ahhh yes everyone hates Kobe - but your all just jealous ;-)

and i think you will find that Shaq is not the innocent legend he portrays.....wait and see what happens if Dwyane Wade is either (a) crap and not as good as everyone first thought or (b) really really good and starts getting the headlines over Shaq like Kobe did........ ;-)

and yeah Kobe just settled back against the Nuggets and let everyone else do their thing, even though he ended up top scoring ;-) he didn't shoot the ball well though, beu hey he only took 15 shots or something

go you Lakers, everyone hates them, but i love em!!!

and Wiz, was that Voshon Lenard out for the season for the Nuggets???? thats a blow, but then they could put Carmelo at SG and bring Nene into teh starting side perhaps???

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Vo is out for the rest of the season...i would like to see them go with the following SL for the rest of the season where possible.
Camby-Kmart-Melo-DeMarr-Miller.

I would much rather see Melo stick to sf, i think he is a bit to heavy to play at off guard.

True EEL

Bench
your probably right Wiz

thats a blow to have Lenard out for the season??? he sure can shoot the 3

they will probably have Johnson or maybe Buckner come in to SG or even make a trade possibly with some of their front court depth????

thewizard1o1

Juniors
I doubt they will be trading anyone out of the front court. But Demarr looked great in preseason and can stroke the three, also plays alot more D then Vo did.

See big Z going off in todays game...33 points 16 rebounds at the start of 2nd OT.

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
Hope this clears it up

William Hung said:
Rednecked Yobbo said:

You think there's no contact in Basketball? Ha- there's a hell of a lot of it- it's a much more physical game than you'd think.

The NWA show, TNA is arguably the CRAPPEST wrestling show around, made up of has beens, rejects etc.....