What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets go back to Eastern Suburbs

Is it just me, or is it about time we go back to the old name, as Eastern suburbs Roosters......I really can't stand the Sydney Title anymore.
And could we please go back to the traditional logo of the late 80's early 90's... Or at least modernise it like what the bulldogs have currently done with theres.?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was good listening to commentators last night referring to them, even if by accident, as the tricolours and easts.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think Jase on nospam13 mocked this up a while back but i kept it because it was the f**king bomb.

jaseemblem2.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Not here to troll.

It would make me like you guys slightly more.

Canterbury and Balmain went back from "Sydney". If we were "Sydney Rabbitohs" I'd be all for going back to our proper name.

Everyone knows you guys represent the Eastern Suburbs, it's not a secret, so it would make sense to go back to it.

I remember reading an article a while ago about someone at your club suggesting changing your name to "Bondi Roosters" because "Bondi" is a brand known internationally. That too would be better and a lot less bland than "Sydney".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...o-bondi-roosters/story-e6frfgbo-1225805152776

(That poll result is perfect. Eastern Suburbs is better than Bondi, and both are better than "Sydney")

How boring would it be if EVERY Sydney team changed their name to "Sydney".

It was Singo's idea that we should be called Bondi Roosters. He can get farked too.
In the words of Ferris Ashton; Eastern Suburbs!

Last edited:

rooster25

Juniors
I really believe the club has to revert to its original name Eastern Suburbs. We do not represent all of sydney we represent the Eastern Suburbs of sydney and by being called Sydney they are alienating our own area.

We are a great traditional club that should never forget its history. Its time to go back to our real name. Ever since we became Sydney Roosters has anyone ever heard anyone yell out during a game "go sydney" ???? No. Its always go Easts or Roosters. Although i love the Roosters name i want us to be called after our area like we used to be, Eastern Suburbs or Easts.

hutch

First Grade
eastern suburbs of what though? we are meant to be a national competition, you cant just assume eastern suburbs means sydney. we all know what it means, but outsiders wouldnt know what eastern suburbs means.

i like east sydney or eastern sydney roosters. still maintains the 'easts' roots, but a clearer definition of the area they represent!

adamkungl

Immortal
I could tolerate East Sydney and have agreed with this before. I don't think we'll ever drop the 'Sydney' part, due to marketting reasons.

BunniesMan

Immortal
eastern suburbs of what though? we are meant to be a national competition, you cant just assume eastern suburbs means sydney. we all know what it means, but outsiders wouldnt know what eastern suburbs means.

i like east sydney or eastern sydney roosters. still maintains the 'easts' roots, but a clearer definition of the area they represent!
That didn't stop the Tigers from coming up with their bullshit name.