What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lezignan vs St Esteve, Cup Final

langpark

First Grade
This Saturday. Lezignan last won in 2010 and 2011.

St Esteve however, have not made the Cup Final ever since Catalans Dragons were put in Super League in 2006, effectively becoming their feeder team. I've put the graphic below for anyone who may be interested in the recent history of the Cup.

2937ncx.jpg

Tonin

Juniors
It was a great game, lot of talented players at St Esteve.
But poor crowd, around 4000...

It was a great game, lot of talented players at St Esteve.
But poor crowd, around 4000...

Why don't they have a double weekend with Catalan dragons playing and the final the next day... So you get the traveling Brits

Lets say have Catalans play at home and then the next day have the final. Have a English team like Wigan and they'll also bring there fans for a big weekend

langpark

First Grade
Lezignan 27-25 St Esteve.

Yes, the crowd was disappointing, but I don't think there's a need to panic. As you see (in the original post) the crowds have been quite steady over the years.

It's always nice to put new ideas out there, but I don't think English fans are the answer to the problem, nor is it a very ambitious way of thinking. Don't forget, this was the Cup Final, not the League final, which I believe usually gets a bigger turnout.

langpark

First Grade
I don't think the league final will be better...
I think that depends more on who makes it to the final. If the final is Carcassonne vs Toulouse, I am sure will get a good crowd. I suppose time will tell.

langpark

First Grade
Semi-Final results:
St-Esteve 6-42 Carcassonne
Toulouse 21-20 Lezignan

So, Toulouse/Carcassonne is the Final! I guarantee they'll get a better crowd than the Cup Final!