What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LG Sharks Team for Week One of the 2005 Finals

Bluto

Juniors
1. DAVID PEACHEY

2. DAVID SIMMONS

3. NIGEL VAGANA

4. PAUL MELLOR

5. LUKE COVELL

6. ADAM DYKES

7. BRETT KIMMORLEY

8. KEITH GALLOWAY

9. KEVIN KINGSTON

10. DANNY NUTLEY

11. PHIL LEULUAI

12. PHIL BAILEY

13. PAUL GALLEN

INTERCHANGE

14. CLIFFORD MANUA

15. REECE WILLIAMS

16. MATT HILDER

17. BEAU SCOTT

18. MICHAEL SULLIVAN

19. CAMERON CIRALDO

Nuffs

Bench
joisus!!

sully out since he is in the 18?
scott in as utility runner?

loo loo in to try and take some pressure off galloway?

doesn't make me too confident. not that i was in the first place

Bluto

Juniors
Hutch took the early guilty plea..

HUTCH OUT OF DRAGONS CLASH

06.09.05 12:56 Age: 38 min

Sharks rugged front rower Hutch Maiava will submit an early guilty plea today in relation to a striking charge stemming from last weeks game against Souths and will be ineligible to play against St George Illawarra in the first round of the finals.

However even considering his unavailability due to the resulting one-match suspension, Maiava would have been next to no chance of playing in Saturday nights clash due to a serious shoulder injury suffered late in the match with the Rabbits.

Joining him on the sidelines will be fellow front-rower Jason Stevens, who, like Maiava, is also battling a shoulder problem. Stevens will not be named in Stuart Raper’s side today and while there is a faint hope the tough prop will be fit to play, expectations are that his return to the field will be dependant on the Sharks beating the Dragons and therefore living to fight another week.

The Sharks have no other injury concerns, with Raper expected to release an extended squad today as he attempts to finalise a game plan and a final 17-man squad.

Raper this week has taken his troops into enemy territory, with the Sharks to train in Wollongong today (Tuesday) and tomorrow. They will return to Toyota Park on Wednesday night for what will be an open training session to be conducted at 8.00pm, a time designed to roughly coincide with Saturday night’s kick off time.

Fans are invited and encouraged to attend the Wednesday night session at Toyota Park to show their support for the Sharks as they attempt to put the preparations in place to upset their high-flying local rivals.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Better team than I thought.

No Sully maybe...good...Kinga and hilder have it covered.
Scott on Bench...good....perhaps Mellor will get a break or perhaps Dykes will.....
Manua on Bench....great....finally some impact off the bench

not all hope is lost.

Cant say its the best team i have ever seen.
Scott to cover for Dykes with Ciraldo to come onto the bench?? If Dykes not injured Sully plays??
Williams interchange prop from the looks.
I liked our second row with Gallen, Bailey and Hilder better.
Manua considered only good enough to earn a bench spot in PL last week but is now in firsts for an important semi...hmm

Special K

Coach
I think the final make up of the squad will be

1. Peachey
2. Simmons
4. Mellor
17. Scott
5. Covell
3. Vagana
7. Kimmorley
8. Galloway
9. Kingston
10. Nutley
19. Ciraldo
12. Bailey
13. Gallen

11. Leuluai
14. Manua
15. Williams
16. Hilder

I don't think Dykes will play - that is why Scott is there. A bench of Leuluai, Manua, Williams and Hilder plays into our hands if we are going to try and belt the Dragons out of the game. I would say Ciraldo would start if he plays as it would be pointless to have both he and Hilder on the bench with Leuluai starting. Hilder to the bench is maybe to keep him out of that first 20 because he is still hurt...?

carcharias

Immortal
It takes a fuggin lot to put Dykes out of a final.

I remember a few years back when he had a knee op and was back that week.
He was up all night in the neighbours pool trying to bring the swelling down.

somebody needs to work with kinga to tighten up our defence around the ruck or we will be cut apart. hilder and ciraldo seem the most likely to me. i hope ciraldo plays.

why ffs doesn't simmons get injured instead of one of our real footballers ???

MightySharks

Bench
Flegg

1.MITCH BROWN
2.BYSON GOODWIN
3.DANE NIELSEN
4.MATT RAFTERY
5.DIMITRI PELO
6.LEONARD ROPETA
7.BEN GREEN
8.BRODEA SANDERS
9.NICK DOIG
10.JEREMY LATIMORE
11.RHYS LOVEGROVE
12.KRIS PYPER
13.KURT PUOHOTAUA

14.DAYNE WESTON
15.PUNA RAUSABALE
16.JAMES BANNISTER
17.TONY CAINE

$h@rk$

Juniors
ok good team for the finals.. i guess vagana may not be ready for number six this occasion.. but still i am pretty confident the peeps in the team are the right ones.. sully doesnt deserve to be in after the kick. there is no stevens?? bloody hell..

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Not a bad team under the circumstances but...

Mellor won't hit up and can't tackle - Scott for mine no mellor ( nice intercept and run but he is only effective falling over a line or with noone in front of him.).

Can't help thinking he has a fugged sholder.

If Dykes is out vag can cover him and put Sully on the bench, Loo Loo in centers.

chili pepper

Bench
carcharias said:
It takes a fuggin lot to put Dykes out of a final.

I remember a few years back when he had a knee op and was back that week.
He was up all night in the neighbours pool trying to bring the swelling down.

He wasn't in with the neighbours missus to increase the swelling in another area? :p

On topic

Sully out of the 17 is promising but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not keen on Scott as a bench player. For me he either starts for Dykes or we get Ciraldo on the bench. or Dykes comes off the bench.

I hope the team is closer to Special K's except maybe with Williams starting for Galloway (out of the 17 - no marshmellows in finals please) and Dykes to bench.

Is Stevo no hope?

Geez we're short on front-rowers - can we have Ross NOW

Craigshark

First Grade
Galloway.. Crap..
Simmons.. Crap..

Bailey can think of himself as lucky.. But i guess we really have noone else who can replace him. We need experience.
I would have liked to have seen Ciraldo there, ahead of Hilder.
Good to see Sullivan is gone.
Manua on the bench is good.
Leuluai won't start. Raper did the exact same thing last time we played them, and left him on the bench..
Galloway might fire up, if he remembers last game.
If Dykes is gone, bring Vagana to 5/8, Scott to number 3.
Gee, i hope Stevens is a chance.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Galloway WTF???????

The softest prop in the NRL. Im hoping late swap with Cliff to start. Brings more mongrel to the team then that red head nothin!

Show em what your made of Cliffy boy.

Also Scott should be starting in place of Mellor/Covell.

tye

Juniors
I think Galloway and Loo must start. We need big guys to combat the opposite front row. The only problem is will Galloway stand up?

Geez I hope Galloway is excited about playing in a semi final and puts his self preservation instincts aside.

Apart from that I'm like the others and happy to see Sullivan on the outer and the inclusion of Cameron Ciraldo, who will do a great job and give his all if called upon.