What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life after Barrett

Hollywood

Juniors
I know it's very early to start speculating about next season....but I'd like to put my 2 cents worth in.

I'm no league expert, but from my observations, the plan for next season in my opinion......

As long as Head fully recovers from his chronic knee injury:
1. Greenshields
6. Hornby
7. Head

Bench: a player like Maitua.......could come on and cover lock or 5/8, and when we suffer our usual injury run, he can come into 5/8 and Hornby moves to 1/2. All in all Muitua could be good utility value for us, especially given our history of injuries.

I just don't see any better options on the market, and Greenshields is playing well enough to command regular first grade spot. I don't know if he has signed with Gold Coast for next year, haven't heard anything official, but I think the Dragons should move now for Head and Greeny, and attempt to sign Muitua at June 30.

All of this is assuming Gaz stays.

God-King Dean

Immortal
That would be my line-up.

It's always been speculated Greenshields would be going to GC. But we now have an opportunity to keep him. He's rtoo good a player to let go.

Hollywood

Juniors
I think it's a reasonable line up for a season or two atleast. Then maybe have a crack at Benji for 5/8, not sure when his contract is up, but if we got the chance, keep the money we have from Barrett and perhaps fill Benji's pockets with it.

Imagine Head/Benji combo with Coops, Gaz & Greenshields outside them....almost unstoppable i'd think.

DB

First Grade
i don't think G.C want him. They think that he may cause some problems in training

Dragonwest

Juniors
Id have Craig Wing as priority 1 for the right price. he is cover for hooker, 5/8 and half. He's always looked to be in top shape and has many more a good season in him.

Godz Illa

Coach
Another suggestion: Michael Witt. He's a five-eighth, would probably be available for next year, and I know of at least one member on these forums who rates him highly. Imagine the captivating moral and psychological dilemma wittyfan would face if his boy played for the Dragons... that element alone might be enough to consider buying him. Anyway, just floating the idea.

The Preacher

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Another suggestion: Michael Witt. He's a five-eighth, would probably be available for next year, and I know of at least one member on these forums who rates him highly. Imagine the captivating moral and psychological dilemma wittyfan would face if his boy played for the Dragons... that element alone might be enough to consider buying him. Anyway, just floating the idea.

We could end up "shooting ourselves in the foot" by doing that Godz.
What would happen if he left the "Gulls" and started supporting the Dragons.
We'd be getting a premier league 5/8 with a questionable supporter to put up with into the mix. Not worth the trouble.:D

Ribs

Bench
What's the go with Josh Lewis? How long is signed up at the Rorters for??

Get him back, he is behind Anasta the Great who was an automatic selection in the worst NSW Origin team ever selected.

Help me, Jebus!!

ha ha ha Jeeeeeebuuuuuuuuusssssssss!

borat

Bench
If Hornby did move to 5/8th I don't beleive Greenshields is a long term solution to fullback. I would rather we let him go and pick up Wade Mackinnon.

scarcev

Juniors
Hollywood said:
I think it's a reasonable line up for a season or two atleast. Then maybe have a crack at Benji for 5/8, not sure when his contract is up, but if we got the chance, keep the money we have from Barrett and perhaps fill Benji's pockets with it.

Imagine Head/Benji combo with Coops, Gaz & Greenshields outside them....almost unstoppable i'd think.

Benji is stuck with the WT for another 4 years just signed at the start of this season. Having said that I think there is still a chance that you might see the Head/Marshall combination, unfortunately just not at Saints.

Collateral

Coach
I like the idea of signing up either of the Witt brothers. Wouldnt mind giving Walker a match payment contract either, but he would have to show he has the right attitude.

What about Michael Monoghan? A good solid player and a good leader. Rate him highly.

Dragons_#1

Bench
just for a year then that will help a young junior develop his skills in rpemmy or jersey flegg, then could step up in 08

Latest posts