What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linkin Park - Rate them or Not?

Do you rate Linkin Park?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Me and my mates are split on this
i love em, i recon they go off but my mate did bring up a valid point of them being pretty one dimensional as in all their songs sound simular?

My fav song is "Somewhere I Belong" and "Numb"

your thoughts?

Jono Russell

Bench
they are one awsome band. I think there lyrics are genius and they are one of the best modern bands out there.

Matt23

Staff member
There a great band, great singers, great songwriters.
Favourite song - One step closer

Red Bear

Referee
Hate that band, every song, musically and lyrically, is the same. They came along when Nu Metal was very popular and jumped on board. Then their second album was just playing it safe by releasing the same kinda thing as the first cd.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea this is like me and my mates
completly devided on the issue. a few of us absolutly love them and then a few cant stand them. no grey area :?

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Maybe it's the old head and my early musical influences but I can't stand this new shit that keeps coming out. It's boring trash I have no time for.

Sorry R69.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I'm another that likes them. Have both cd's and still play them regularly. Papercut is great, but nothing comes close to One Step Closer.

Hehe, they got sick of playing One Step Closer because every concert the crowd wanted them to do an encore and sing it again. :lol:

Phillips

Referee
they have some very good songs, even if some of them sound the same as each other, so i vote "yes"....one step closer is still by far there best ever song

xXSANDYXx

Bench
i like their new song, cant remember the name, reminds me of an 80s cartoon, i got the album but i never listened to it #-o

Samwise

Bench
comicbookguy.jpg

Worst Band Ever

SP

Bench
i dont like them

one of my friends say they're just a boy band who play guitars

Southernsaint

Staff member
Pretty poor - the songs are formulaic: Quiet opening with talking, heavy chorus with screeching - repeat ad nauseum.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
Pretty poor - the songs are formulaic: Quiet opening with talking, heavy chorus with screeching - repeat ad nauseum.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Oh, and sprinkle the lyrics liberally with some of the following: "fear", "rejection", "Pain", "hurt"...

Cheers,
Ben S.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yuk!!!,

they are pathetic, nothing but a try-hard rock band with guitars and p*ss weak singer. I wouldnt class them as rock anyway,

Listen to bands like Powderfinger, now that's rock.