What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lions v Rhinos Trial

The Backpacker

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
Just a little confusement

I'm suffering a little confusement at present over this word. :lol: :lol: :lol: But I'm sure my confusion will be short lived. ;-)

Marks will be up soon guys.

Hows that for service. :D

The Backpacker

Juniors
Lions

Everlovin’ Antichrist

E.A. and the Bear

746 Words including title

This is one of the best descriptions of a player – past or present – that I have read in some time and your linguistic talents had me laughing. A good read and well rounded tribute to a player that wasn’t graced with the privileges that many of today’s stars receive. Well done on your first effort in the sevens.

Score:8.9

Roofromoz

I NOW BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES…

747 Words including title

A good opinion piece without the usual Rooster bagging of the event ;-) . Great story telling potential and good to read that fairy tales aren’t dead. You have captured the essence of the year succinctly. A huge first article in the sevens.

Score:8.7

RoosterBoy

You did us proud boys

612 Words including title

A piece on the Roosters modern history. Utilised facts well and added some opinion. Could have been expanded on a little.

Score:7.7

Zef

The Boy who was patted on the head

680 Words including title

So I guess what you’re saying is that you haven’t got a complex or anything ;-) . As usual, you managed to capture the moment in true Kodak fashion and it was an interesting read.

Score: 8.6

Weasel

Viable Growth: What will work?

666 Words including title

A good argument regarding why relocation has worked for the AFL and why it wouldn’t / hasn’t in the NRL. Opens up the issue for debate.

Score: 8.6

Lions Total – 42.5

Rhinos

Bomber

X-League and Yuri Geneveyezov

753 Words including title

Another piece written with great story – telling ability. Enjoyable to say the least.

Original score. 8.8
Penalty: Over word count by 3 words. Penalty – 0.2
Final Score: 8.6

theVodkaCircle

The year that prevails

750 Words including title

An overview of the Bronco’s history. Good use of stats with your opinion and I can relate to appreciating a good game more as you get older. However, you might find that replays at a reasonable hour appeal more as you close on the half century. ;-)

Score: 8.4

Miccle

The Agony and the Ecstasy: The Curse of being a Broncos Fan

750 Words including title

An interesting opinion piece on the Broncos successes and underachievement (for want of a better word) and the expectations of all involved with a team like the Broncos. A well rounded argument in the allotted word count giving both positive and negative aspects. Another great debut.

Score: 8.5

Gobbso

Rugby League, no longer a passion, just a job

778 Words including title

Passionate, opinionated piece about what the pitfalls of a media driven society has done to Rugby League. Well written.

Score: 8.7
Penalty: Over word count by 28 words. Penalty – 0.5
Final Score: 8.2

Jimbo

Class personified

695 Words including title.

A well written piece on David peachey. Good mixture of facts and opinion.

Score: 8.7

Rhinos Total – 42.4

Lions 42.5 defeat Rhinos 42.4

Player of the Round: Everlovin’ Antichrist

Congratulations Lions. Rhino's, check your word counts and the rules in the rule thread in the forum central forum. Great effort from all of you.

roosterboy60

Juniors
Well we won but I don't feel rather happy about it. Happy for winning but sad that it came that way. Good game boys and girls. And well done Lions.

Zef

Juniors
Good game Rhino's, I can see you's are gonna be one of the teams we'll have to contend with on our way to Premiership glory in our inaugural year.

Special mention to Bomber - I like you.

Commiserations on the word count penalty's but... discipline is part of the game and if you don't have discipline then The Lions will have you for dinner - it's never personal we just got to eat.

And I do believe BP that EA is due a spot on the front page is he not? MOTM upon debut is surely worthy- wether in a trial or otherwise. And a ref's recommendation will go along way to getting such I'd imagine ..... not that I'm dropping a hint or anything.

Anyway... Lions - let's eat.

ParraMatt

Bench
I have a couple of queries but I wont go into them as it'll only cause dramas.

Great Game Lions, Not much in It, And Im sure us Rhinos will take it as a Win going down because of breaching the word limit, Im sure my boys will take a closer look on there word limit before posting next time, Nevertheless great game by you Lions and use will be an Ok team next year. Next time we Vs you Ill make sure to name Rhinos Strongest Team (allthough there all pretty even) ;-)

The Backpacker

Juniors
Zef said:
And I do believe BP that EA is due a spot on the front page is he not? MOTM upon debut is surely worthy- wether in a trial or otherwise. And a ref's recommendation will go along way to getting such I'd imagine ..... not that I'm dropping a hint or anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have to take that up with Willow. He's the one that chooses the articles in lights. I'm just a pleb. ;-)

ParraMatt said:
I have a couple of queries but I wont go into them as it'll only cause dramas.

Then why bring it up at all? The game was the Rhinos except for the word penalties. If you have a problem with my refereeing, then use the correct channels. Making comments like this just breeds discontent.

miccle

Bench
Great game Lions - very close indeed! I am really happy with our first game, however - you did great Rhinos! This is going to be a top season and I'm sure both teams will be right up there. Also thanks heaps to ParraMatt who had a lot to deal with because of substitutions and everything. You did good champ - bring on '04! Cheers to the Backpacker as well - great & quick job of marking the work.

ParraMatt

Bench
miccle said:
Great game Lions - very close indeed! I am really happy with our first game, however - you did great Rhinos! This is going to be a top season and I'm sure both teams will be right up there. Also thanks heaps to ParraMatt who had a lot to deal with because of substitutions and everything. You did good champ - bring on '04! Cheers to the Backpacker as well - great & quick job of marking the work.

Yeh Mate, It wasnt easy making 3 subs just to try field a team of 5. But we did it and came out very close to a Victory. Shame on Word Limit. Ill make sure it wont let us down throughout the season and Im sure all Rhinos will be very cautious of this rule for games to come. Miccle your post was bloody brilliant and By far one of the best I have ever read. Shame you didnt score higher but It'll come buddy. As you said to me, "it is your worst out of the 3 written" so mate, Cant wait to read the next.

Bring on the Willow Shield!

The Backpacker

Juniors
miccle said:
Cheers to the Backpacker as well - great & quick job of marking the work.

No worries mate. I'm sure my enthusiasm will wane as the season progresses but with Antonius being quick off the mark, I'll have to at least make an effort to continue as I've started. :D

ParraMatt said:
Shame you didnt score higher

:roll: These types of discussions are best left for the privacy of PM's or MSN etc. Again, it breeds discontent.

ParraMatt

Bench
The Backpacker said:
miccle said:
Cheers to the Backpacker as well - great & quick job of marking the work.

No worries mate. I'm sure my enthusiasm will wane as the season progresses but with Antonius being quick off the mark, I'll have to at least make an effort to continue as I've started. :D

ParraMatt said:
Shame you didnt score higher

:roll: These types of discussions are best left for the privacy of PM's or MSN etc. Again, it breeds discontent.

Bloody Hell, I didnt mean it in that way, Give me a break

The Backpacker

Juniors
Fair enough Matt. I think it does prove the point though of why comments like this shouldn't be made as they can be misinterpreted which then pisses people off.

As I have said all along. Good game from both Lions and Rhinos.

ParraMatt

Bench
The Backpacker said:
Fair enough Matt. I think it does prove the point though of why comments like this shouldn't be made as they can be misinterpreted which then pisses people off.

As I have said all along. Good game from both Lions and Rhinos.

Cool, Im glad u have eased up. *Shakes Refs Hand* Lets got on with our jobs at hand.

Bomber

Bench
Hard luck Rhinos!!! I thought the word count didn't include the title, but ah well :oops:

Thanks Lions and Backpacker for a game of the highest quality. :D

Thanks to the Rhinos players for a great match. Good reads all.

Well done to my team mates, excellent stuff.

Thanks to BP as well, much appreciated.