What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little depressed please help!!!!!

magpiemax

Juniors
Hi guy's Im a tad depressed that is because Im 37yo and I am 6'4 tall and weigh a whopping 141kg's.
And it has always been a burning desire of mine to be as fast as Maurice Greene!!! Do you have any suggestions,This would be greatly appreciated!!

bazza

Immortal
Reach over to your PC and hit the off button

Then get out of your seat and go for a walk

magpiemax

Juniors
bazza said:
Reach over to your PC and hit the off button

Then get out of your seat and go for a walk
Yeah.....Tried that Bazza and it absolutely bores me to tear's. I tried standing on a treadmill in front of the TV as well but all to no avail. Hard to get motivated.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Take up a mild sport like touch football/oztag.
I can never find the motivation for a jog or situps or alike, but having to play a team sport once a week gives me the motivation to get the heart pumping. Team mates rely on you to show up, it's not just about you, so I find it works.
Your not to old to run around a footy field once a week, I do it.

Alternatively pararchute yourself into the middle of Ethiopia, the have the cure for obesity.

magpiemax

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Take up a mild sport like touch football/oztag.
I can never find the motivation for a jog or situps or alike, but having to play a team sport once a week gives me the motivation to get the heart pumping. Team mates rely on you to show up, it's not just about you, so I find it works.
Your not to old to run around a footy field once a week, I do it.

Alternatively pararchute yourself into the middle of Ethiopia, the have the cure for obesity.
MILD SPORT TOUCH FOOTY!!!! I would be farked by the time the ref finished blowing the whistle to start the game.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mate 4th grade mixed touch, is far from heart attack material. 5 mins on, 10 mins off sort of stuff.
You have to start somewhere.
I thought I would die, when I rocked up this season after about 5 seasons away, but when you have enough reserves it was no problem at all, I can now last about 20 mins, before I call for a replacement.

If touch footy is to fast, maybe netball. ;-)

magpiemax

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Mate 4th grade mixed touch, is far from heart attack material. 5 mins on, 10 mins off sort of stuff.
You have to start somewhere.
I thought I would die, when I rocked up this season after about 5 seasons away, but when you have enough reserves it was no problem at all, I can now last about 20 mins, before I call for a replacement.

If touch footy is to fast, maybe netball. ;-)
Mate that's a great idea,might look into that.FOOTY that is. :lol:

LeagueNut

First Grade
magpiemax said:
Hard to get motivated.

Hey Max, I reckon you'll find your motivation will go through the roof when you start seeing some results ... just don't expect miracles. Take it from me, it definitely gets easier as you go!!

magpiemax

Juniors
LeagueNut said:
magpiemax said:
Hard to get motivated.

Hey Max, I reckon you'll find your motivation will go through the roof when you start seeing some results ... just don't expect miracles. Take it from me, it definitely gets easier as you go!!
What get's easier walking or the touch footy??

MadDogMason

Juniors
500 Situps a night each 100 have a 2 min break..And power walk for atleast an hour or 90mins a night. And eat less Carbo's and more red meat. And if you wanna treat yourself,eat Subway. I know all this and trust me it will work cause I did the same thing mate...Just don't be lazy 8)

magpiemax

Juniors
MadDogMason said:
500 Situps a night each 100 have a 2 min break..And power walk for atleast an hour or 90mins a night. And eat less Carbo's and more red meat. And if you wanna treat yourself,eat Subway. I know all this and trust me it will work cause I did the same thing mate...Just don't be lazy 8)
ARE YOU JOKING??? I would be lucky to do 5 SIT ups let alone 500! Your not my ex-wife are you??? ;-)

Spike

First Grade
I have the opposite problem. I'm trying to bulk up but because I do too much cardio work and don't or can't eat enough to keep the weight on.

MadDogMason

Juniors
Im not joking mate just work your way up...Start with 5 a night than 10 than 20 than 50 than 100 than 200 etc...You can do it buddy I did. Just motivate yourself and everything is possible...If 18 Kilo's in 2months did it for me than imagine what you could do 8) It all comes down to you but.Just give it a try mate :clap: