What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Live* Parra v Penrith Game Day thread, March 11, 2018

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Def Alavaro and Mannah should not be together. But in saying that, apart from terepo most of our forwards our light weights as well. Evans didn’t impress me at all.

That’s why Sterlo said we should be investing in front rowers.

I don't get why Mannah / Alvaro shouldn't be together ? We lead by 14 when they were on together (and our half was having a HIA) and no tries were scored against us when either on of them was on the field.

Not sure there is much more they should be doing

emjaycee

Coach
I don't get why Mannah / Alvaro shouldn't be together ? We lead by 14 when they were on together (and our half was having a HIA) and no tries were scored against us when either on of them was on the field.

Because being on together also increases the likelihood of them being off together and that weakens our overall defence.

hindy111

Post Whore

We lead cause had 78% of ball. Penrith kept dropping it.

Anyhows its one game on a hot day. Not a big deal. Need too win against a desperate Manly side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We lead cause had 78% of ball. Penrith kept dropping it.
They kept dropping it because we made it hard for them. Of course, our defensive style takes a lot out of us, hence our second half fades in general. It'll be less of an issue as the weather gets colder but in the heat it is obviously unsustainable.

Noise

Coach

No one is arguing that they aren't effective together. The problem is that they will both come off at around the same time (25-30min mark). This means our middle defence goes to shit while they sit on the bench together.

I believe Arthur only started playing them together towards the end of last year (not sure which game exactly?) And if you look at our last 3 games (yesterday and our 2 finals in 2017) we got out to a lead and then that period before/after half time when Mannah/Alvaro go off the game turns.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ordinarily Takairangi/Edwards would come on with one of the bench forwards. Moeroa goes to the middle and forms a three man group with the benchy and Nathan Brown. But because of Moses' HIA Takairangi came on at right half, meaning Moeroa had to stay at edge forward. I assume Brown had a rest because of the heat. It was a collection of factors that led to us replacing a highly effective middle defence with an ineffectual defensive middle.

Bazal

Post Whore
Def Alavaro and Mannah should not be together. But in saying that, apart from terepo most of our forwards our light weights as well. Evans didn’t impress me at all.

That’s why Sterlo said we should be investing in front rowers.

What? At 106kg Terepo is our smallest prop ffs....he's the lightweight, if anything.

hindy111

Post Whore
Titams wonby 2 points with some luck and 60% of ball. Don't rate it at all. Shpuld of won by 20

forward pass

Coach
We should have played two trials - the Newcastle trial was a bit too easy.

Yesterdays game was our second trial - we are ready to go now !!