What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer might play after all

perverse

Referee
wow, you mean like every other high profile player that happens to overcome an injury a week (sometimes more) earlier than first diagnosed?

this is unbelievable, call the pope and demand immediate sainthood for lockyer.

in fact!!@$
lets not and say we did?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Because Lockyer was so influencial against Manly :roll:

The game will be bloody close with or without Lockyer, he won't make THAT much difference. Plus I'm sure Brian Smith is expecting him to play anyway.

Nugby

Juniors
Actually I think without him it'll be looking at the reverse of the last time Eels v. Broncos took place. I'm a dragons supporter, it's the best news I heard tonight. And what can I say, I don't have enough respect for the Pope to avoid making frivolous demands of him ;-)

Without him they have no chance.
With him they have a very small chance. Parra get most of their players back for this game so theyre going to be hard to beat.

renouf

Juniors
he will make a massive difference if Barry Berrigan takes the field with him, Lockyer has been down on form ever since our hooker got injured, he hasn't had any room whatsoever to weave his magic. It's sort of like when Buderus is out.. Andrew Johns suffers.

pantherz9103

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Because Lockyer was so influencial against Manly :roll:

The game will be bloody close with or without Lockyer, he won't make THAT much difference. Plus I'm sure Brian Smith is expecting him to play anyway.

You're giving the busted Broncos a little too much credit. Eels by 26.

Seinfeeld

Juniors
It seems the Broncos are not too worried about his one. They know they will still be top 4. I don't think the Minor Premiership means as much to them as it does Parra.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I don't think the minor premiership means as much as everyone is making it out to be for BRian Smith but a top 2 finish is vital.

but the way the cards have fallen Parra are likley to be either 1st or 3rd this year so that means beating the Broncos is very important but the media looks at it as being to get the minor premiership not a top 2 spot.

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
I don't think the minor premiership means as much as everyone is making it out to be for BRian Smith but a top 2 finish is vital.

but the way the cards have fallen Parra are likley to be either 1st or 3rd this year so that means beating the Broncos is very important but the media looks at it as being to get the minor premiership not a top 2 spot.
Exactly. While Fitzy might be rubbing his hands together over a chance at an extra $100k, I think the coach and team are more focused on the possible week off for finishing 1 or 2.

Kornstar

Coach
The top 2 finish is certainly the main goal for the Eels, Brian said it about 5 or 6 weeks ago. The Minor Premiership is just a bonus for us if we get it.

Razor

Coach
Eels by 50 if Lockyer doesn't play
Eels by 40 if Lockyer plays

EDIT - assuming the Eels team that runs out is the same as the one in the program

aussies1st

Staff member
Broncos were on the slide before Lockyer got injuried so he isn't the reason they are on the slide.

Mr Saab

Referee
i hope he doesnt play.
Brisbane will hopefully finish 4th and play the cowboys at home