What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loftus Stadium

Quigs

Immortal
I played in one of the earliest junior league games when they opened up a couple of ovals just south of the Police Boys Club many decades ago in a far distant time. I will never for get it.

They used a lot of the sand from far Kurnell to level off the playing surfaces.

Anyhowse a kid in the game before us got carted off to hossie as he had received a pretty serious leg injury. The poor prick got a decent size fish hook embeded in his thigh ( I think it was his thigh )

Quigs

Immortal
Hooks an old Rocky Boy played for Rocky Brothers. My last year was 1990 as a key member of the Mighty Park side. We were only in the Ressies and really gave the comp a big shock. Well they were f**king shocked when we won our one and only game for the season.

I don't know if Griffin was playing for Bros First but I know for a fact old dinosaur Quigs got to wack a few of those ferkking Fish Eating Referees Protected Brothers Reserve Graders. I still to this day hate Brothers Clubs.

Ads

First Grade
If we play out of the same oval, when the game consolidates Sydney teams 1 day, that will be the automatic merger.

Stay clear of those losers I say!
If thats in the shire I couldn't care less to be honest. A brand new stadium is a treat. Shark park is a relic.

The Loftus Sutherland Stadium idea, as spoken about years ago, is the death knell for St George. Splitting their area into 2 smaller areas is classic warfare.
LSS is not sign of weakness but in fact quite the opposite.
I would imagine that St George would have to completely relocate to South Coast & they in fact should.
There is nothing for them left in Sydney.

Eion

First Grade
Ah fugg loftus, surely a redeveloped shark park would be cheaper and better for us financially. And it's near enough a station...not that it matters when they schedule track works every other game.

The Loftus Sutherland Stadium idea, as spoken about years ago, is the death knell for St George. Splitting their area into 2 smaller areas is classic warfare.
LSS is not sign of weakness but in fact quite the opposite.
I would imagine that St George would have to completely relocate to South Coast & they in fact should.
There is nothing for them left in Sydney.

and I also think their relocation to the Gong is inevitable, and economics will drive it in the end.

Quigs

Immortal
My two bobs worth ( from an outpost far to the north). Make Shark Park a fantastic 20 thousand seat fully covered stadium. Pump it right up in class. Get a team going that can regularly fill it and let it rip.

Big Stadiums are so over rated for club games. Youse are better off having a top shelf boutique stadium. TV coverage looks heaps better too.

I thought there was a plan to get the sookarh to play out of Shark Park too.

Gee that would be the way I'd go. Get the complex used 12 months of the year.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Totally agree there is no team in sydney to start who can fill a 40,000 stadium, they could cut it down to 2 teams from sydney and it still wouldnt work.

But 20k is perfect and yes get the 12 month usage for stadium, the other plus is would be easier to rent for one offs those wanting a 20k stadium for an event

and I also think their relocation to the Gong is inevitable, and economics will drive it in the end.

How confused are the two joint ventures?
St George 5 games in Sydney 5 games in the gong.
I can't hear a single good argument as to why they aren't in the gong full time.
But the tigers. Man they are playing like 3 games at Campbo and 3 at Leichhardt then 2 at ANZ and a couple at SFS. A dogs breakfast.

I can't hear a single good argument as to why they aren't in the gong full time.
But the tigers. Man they are playing like 3 games at Campbo and 3 at Leichhardt then 2 at ANZ and a couple at SFS. A dogs breakfast.

My Wests Tigers (Magpie) fan friends from Lidcombe would prefer one home ground for their team, at Campbelltown, which would solidify their identity and the support around their current and future fan base.

Stake Removed

First Grade

I am surprised they get any games at Leichhardt i was under belief the Balmain side dosent contribute anything to the franchise

Quigs

Immortal
Gee they would have to do a lot of upgrading to the rail system there. The most cars (carriages) Ive seen the old railmotors pull was a three car train plus the power wagon.

Do they still have the Trams stashed at Loftus?