What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logos are geting worse

Which are the best club logos re representing their area or heritage, or marketing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bottle

Coach
I'm also positive you could find at least one breeder of Bulldogs in the Canterbury-Bankstown district.

That said, most of them are probably bought into the area, not bred.

Yesss. Well done.

It's a little known fact that there are actually Dragon breeders in and around the luxury villas that surround the Cooks River, as well as wild Dragons nesting in caves adjacent to the beaches of the Illawarrra. The wild Dragons of the Illawarrra are greater in number and provide the bulk of the Dragon's at present. Generally unable to be seen by the rest of the unworthy population, they are only visible to a select few who are known as 'The True Believers'.

The Dragons in the Sutherland Shire are mostly in hibernation, waiting to see if 'The Development' can save the Sharks. If not, a folding or relocation of said Sharkies would mean that these behemoths would rise again and take back what is rightfully theirs. These Dragons are known by there genus name which is 'Provanus Belongtous' and are proud and virtuous in nature.

Kiwi

First Grade
gotta love it, don't vote for your own team, so what do people do...vote for their own team.

Find it had to go past

Cowboys, Storm and Sharks. I think Warriors and Sea Eagles as well a good for their area.

Does canterbury have alot of dogs? or is that just their fans, same with parramatta, eel infestation or are people from parramatta just slippery merkins? and 13 votes for the pirates? Seriously? Somalian pirates expanding their operations to include perth these days?

firechild

First Grade
gotta love it, don't vote for your own team, so what do people do...vote for their own team.

Find it had to go past

Cowboys, Storm and Sharks. I think Warriors and Sea Eagles as well a good for their area.

Does canterbury have alot of dogs? or is that just their fans, same with parramatta, eel infestation or are people from parramatta just slippery merkins? and 13 votes for the pirates? Seriously? Somalian pirates expanding their operations to include perth these days?

The name Parramatta relates directly to eels (aboriginal word) so I voted for them. Warriors is also pretty suitable. Sea Eagles and Sharks would be next, I voted sea eagles. Dragons is pretty obvious for St George but surely it should have been dragon slayers or something, especially given the design of their logo? Rabbitohs relates to the area, Cowboys is an americanisation of something that suits NQ. Roosters just copied the design and colours from the French. Don't think any of the others have any particular meanings. Maybe Penrith and the fabled Panthers West of the mountains?

bottle

Coach

Find it had to go past

The Parra eel is probably the most legitimately Australian of all the logos, given it's roots. It is based upon the logo of the Parramatta local council area which had (not sure if it is still the case) an illustration of an indigenous man in a canoe/dugout spearing eels in I assume the Parramatta river. At one time this was actually Parra's logo. I'm sure Loudy or some other like minded type can post a pic of the original logo.

Always loved it, traditional, Australian and real.

Pirates? WTF? Reds was far, far better - with links to the Western Desert and the megafauna that are most asociated with it. The Reds link to the colour also has historical connotaions with other well established sporting nicknakes - Blues, Bluebags, Dirty Reds, Bluesox, Maroons, All Blacks etc.

They threw that out for a kiddies comic book charater. Pathetic.

Sadly. it's a sporting trend - pick the spastic name that has nothing to do with anything.

They are getting worse!

As for the poll, dont pick your own team - it's not a poll of who we support.

Its hard to take you anyway seriously when you don't know the difference between a logo and a mascot.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
I think the Bulldogs have nailed the perfect way to acknowledge their heritage on a modern logo. They're my team but I still voted for the Dogs because I honestly think they have the best logo.

Red Bear

Referee
Dogs logo is good. Thought the chooks 100 seasons/100 years logo was really good also, a good modernisation of the old Easts logo.

hitman82

Bench
That's good trivia about the Eels! Never knew that. Probably the only good thing about them this year, tbh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the Bulldogs have nailed the perfect way to acknowledge their heritage on a modern logo. They're my team but I still voted for the Dogs because I honestly think they have the best logo.
This. Only thing I would change is less black, more blue and white. But I can live with the current version.