What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at July and what it could hold!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well another 4 big games this month:

Cowboys: They have had the wood over us at Cairns past couple of years! I'd like to think we can get them this time around. I just hope our boys don't get complacent. The Cows nearly shocked us last time and they aim up against us. We need to be aware. I reckon we can win in a tight match but not at our best!

Bye:

Bulldogs: Well tbh we should flog em. I just hope we do not think oh they've lost Mbye and that they have say these 3-4 key players out and take em lightly. They love a grinding game where they bring the opposition down to their level. Surely we run away with this one in the second half and put 30-40 on them.

Tigers: This is the game out of the 4 that worries me most. Last 4 years Tigers have mainly had the wood over us. They love to match us in the forwards and get us out wide. With Robbie playing for em to it adds spice to the contest. Mbye adds class at the back. Imo this is our toughes test of the month. They'll be desperate to kick along and find a way into the bottom of the 8.

Eels: Can't see us losing this one.. should put 30 plus on em again... I'd like to see us keep them to less than the 24-26 points we let them have when we last played them!!!

@callmack1 I don't wanna get cocky but I think we will most likely win 3 of the 4. If we don't I won't be happy.

At end of July we should be 14-5. Let's hope it pans out that way..... the key thing is attitude for our boys...

I think we will have a wake up call with a loss sometime this month....

ThingFish

Juniors
Well another 4 big games this month:

Cowboys: They have had the wood over us at Cairns past couple of years! I'd like to think we can get them this time around. I just hope our boys don't get complacent. The Cows nearly shocked us last time and they aim up against us. We need to be aware. I reckon we can win in a tight match but not at our best!

Bye:

Bulldogs: Well tbh we should flog em. I just hope we do not think oh they've lost Mbye and that they have say these 3-4 key players out and take em lightly. They love a grinding game where they bring the opposition down to their level. Surely we run away with this one in the second half and put 30-40 on them.

Tigers: This is the game out of the 4 that worries me most. Last 4 years Tigers have mainly had the wood over us. They love to match us in the forwards and get us out wide. With Robbie playing for em to it adds spice to the contest. Mbye adds class at the back. Imo this is our toughes test of the month. They'll be desperate to kick along and find a way into the bottom of the 8.

Eels: Can't see us losing this one.. should put 30 plus on em again... I'd like to see us keep them to less than the 24-26 points we let them have when we last played them!!!

@callmack1 I don't wanna get cocky but I think we will most likely win 3 of the 4. If we don't I won't be happy.

At end of July we should be 14-5. Let's hope it pans out that way..... the key thing is attitude for our boys...

I think we will have a wake up call with a loss sometime this month....
I get your vibes about the Tigers game. But this is a hoodoo busting team. The thing about the Tigers game is that it should be Sutto’s 300th, and if the boys aren’t pumped for this I don’t know what else could possibly inspire them. It’s not only big for Sutts but it’s a historical night for the club, first player ever to reach 300, EVER. I can’t wait to witness this live.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I get your vibes about the Tigers game. But this is a hoodoo busting team. The thing about the Tigers game is that it should be Sutto’s 300th, and if the boys aren’t pumped for this I don’t know what else could possibly inspire them. It’s not only big for Sutts but it’s a historical night for the club, first player ever to reach 300, EVER. I can’t wait to witness this live.
Thanks brother wow @callmack1 I knew I'd forgotten something.

Silly me must be tired lol!!!

How did I forget Sutto' 300th:) I just must've had a brain fart lol....

Brother Thing Fish you are absolutely correct in what you say. Yep I won't miss it either!

Hopefully we turn this into our home game and outnumber those Tigers!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Brother Thing Fish you are absolutely correct in what you say. Yep I won't miss it either!

Edit: whhhoooppppssyyy double post!!

ThingFish

Juniors

The club really should do something BIG for the 301 home game, make it a real celebration.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The club really should do something BIG for the 301 home game, make it a real celebration.
Absolutely bro!!

In fact I'm sure if you sent an email their way or rang them up they'd really consider it if they haven't already....

I'm really looking forward to these three Sunday arvo to early evening games we have all at ANZ...

In fact that's that's one of the best posts you've just made I have read in ages on here out of anyone. Some will call me a suck up but I truly mean it!!!

It's great posting mate! Great passion....... we need more of it in this place.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Got tired of saying we're going to lose every week, then trying to walk your statements back after the game huh?

Rsag85

Bench
I only see us losing one game in the run to the finals and that’s against the Storm

callmack1

Staff member
We have the potential to really go on a fantastic run in the next month or so however, actually doing it is another thing.

We're not going to be up every week and we are now one of the hunted so teams are gonna lift against us. It's also important that we stay grounded and don't peak too early, we must build to September and then really, really fire then!

southsport

First Grade
I disagree we have be performing really well against any side we are up against. The only side that scares me in the top 8 at the moment is the Storm in my opinion
All teams scare me, I'm rarely convinced that Souths will put underperforming teams to the sword.

callmack1

Staff member
I think the thing that worries me the most is that with the bye, we would've played so little footy in recent times. This is great because it allows the boys to really have a break, freshen up and re-focus for the run home but at the same time, I'm kind of worried how it could interrupt our momentum.

Hopefully the boys look at this break period as a positive and then from Round 18 onwards it's just 100% focus for hopefully a massive assualt on the Premiership.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I only see us losing one game in the run to the finals and that’s against the Storm
It's not time to get cocky mate!

To go from 4 and 4 to 19-5 is pretty much not possible!

I think we will lose 3 games in the run home!

I'd be stoked with 17-7!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 @Itsamansgame I am surprised no one has yet mentioned that our match against the Dogs is only 3 days after origin 3. If our origin guys play between the 11th and 28th that's 3 first grade games in that period on top of origin. Whether Seibs rests them or not may very well depend on if we beat the Cows or not. If we beat the Cows then I think we have the luxury of resting them. If we lose to the Cows then I wouldn't be resting all of them.

Brittain may very well get a game against the Dogs.

Callmack there is a possibility this game against the Dogs turns into a similar one to our game against the Titans!

callmack1

Staff member
@callmack1 @Itsamansgame I am surprised no one has yet mentioned that our match against the Dogs is only 3 days after origin 3. If our origin guys play between the 11th and 28th that's 3 first grade games in that period on top of origin. Whether Seibs rests them or not may very well depend on if we beat the Cows or not. If we beat the Cows then I think we have the luxury of resting them. If we lose to the Cows then I wouldn't be resting all of them.

Brittain may very well get a game against the Dogs.

Callmack there is a possibility this game against the Dogs turns into a similar one to our game against the Titans!
I mentioned it earlier on in the season but yes, I agree and tbh, I'd prefer then to be rested in this game if possible then they can all rest up for a week and be rareing to go for the back end of the season!

Latest posts