What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like we've missed out on Lewis

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Hearing rumours on the radio that Lewis has signed a 4 yr deal with the Sharks. Will be announced later today.

Bench
I agree !!! It would of been great to get Lewis but i think we need a decent halfback more.
This,we need a 7 more than anything,and Benji is not and never will be a 7,he plays a whole different game at 7,for starters he never runs the ball which is his strength,damn you Sheens.:x

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Throw the Lewis money at Pearce.

I dont think Pearce would be a right fit for a WT under Sheens. As I understand it, Pearce wants to leave Roosters if Smith continues there as he wants to develop his game and he feels SMith will genius that. Well, what is the one psition wihtin WT that had shown a continual disregard and lack of value under Sheens? Yep, halfback. So why the heck would Pearce even contemplate coming to WT to develop his halfback skills?

Can't help feel we've dodged a bullet with Lewis.
He's no better than a Mannering or Jeremy Smith, IMO, but twice the price.

Happy to chase Pearce but no more than 350K

Pearce is an average half-back, i dont think that he would of any great benefit to our side as Benji and Farrah call the shots anyway.

Pearce is an average half-back, i dont think that he would of any great benefit to our side as Benji and Farrah call the shots anyway.
I just want someone with the ability to lead the side for short or long periods to take the pressure off Benji and Robbie when necessary.

Most halfbacks can't do that.

I think/hope Pearce can do that and give us some kind of rudder.

I don't think he's a worldbeater, but he should have the confidence to take control of a side by now and we might get the best years out of him.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
he should have the confidence to take control of a side by now

True, but he doesn't. His kicking game particularly average.

We don't need a world beater with Farah and Marshall here, but we also don't need to pay overs for someone like Pearce, who IMO is not worth 1 cent over 200K.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am not too concerned we have missed Lewis but I still see it as a snub. I think he sees the Sharks as a team on the rise and us at team on the decline. Not even the opportunity to play under the Australian coach...we might be on the nose attracting big players at the moment.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The money is better spent on retaining our talent. We have plenty of it and our halves pairing of Brooks and Moses are outstanding. Good luck to Lewis as it will probably be his final contract.

ed612313

Juniors
All good...... We have Pettybourne instead!!!!! He'll replace Ellis... ha
Fact is Tigers are going backwards.... The fact a player of Lewis class chose to sign with the Sharks over us shows the directions we are heading.

Latest posts