What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lord Derby Cup - first round results

athena

Juniors
Villeneuve 29 / Toulouse 22
Baroudeurs de Pia 0 /AS Carcassonne 48
Le Barcares 18 / Villefranche Cahors 34
Montpellier 10 / Pia 40
Réalmont 06 / Carpentras 20
Lézignan 18 / UTC 08
Limoux 18 / St Gaudens 14
Albi 10 / Lyon Villeurbanne 20

drawing lots for the second round by the end of the week...

athena

Juniors
yesterday, it was the first round in a four-round knock-out competition, we still have three rounds to go...

Sorry Athena,

. the 1st round was on 12.11.2006 (Division 1 + the better of Division 2)
- PIEUSSE v LE CABARDES
- BAROUDEURS DE PIA v AVIGNON
- APT v SALON
- REALMONT v ROANNE

- VILLENEUVE TOLOSANE v CORBEIL
- ENTRAIGUES v LESCURE
- CAVAILLON v GIFI BIAS
- MONTPELLIER v BEGLES
- LE BARCARES v PALAU
- SALSES v ALBI

. the 2nd round was on 14.01.2007
* PIEUSSE v ALBI
* BAROUDEUR DE PIA v BIAS
* APT v BARCARES
* VILLENEUVE TOLOSANE v REALMONT
* ENTRAIGUES v MONTPELLIER

. the 3rd round was on 17.02.2007 -entry of the Elite clubs, i.e. the 5 winners of the 2nd round + the 11 Elite clubs-

Consequently Athena you have to replace in the tittle of your topic "first round" by 3rd round

:shock:

Sorry ParraEelsNRL, your introduction of the Coupe de France de Rugby à 13 known also as the Lord Derby Trophy is false.

The French Rugby à XIII Cup i.e. Coupe de France de Rugby à 13 was created the same season as the French Championship of Rugby à XIII i.e. season 1934-35, the 1st winner of the French Rugby à 13 Cup is the club US Lyon Villeurbanne (it was the 5th of May 1935 in Toulouse). The aforesaid Coupe de France is the major knock-out competition for all French rugby league clubs.

The origin of the Lord Derby Trophy is the gift trophy (a big and marvellous silver cup) offered, on may 1935, by Edward Stanley, 17th Earl of Derby for the Super Game and to the winner of the Super Game: Winner of the 1935 Challenge Cup (Castelford, 4th of May 1935) versus Winner of the 1935 Coupe de France de Rugby à 13 (US Lyon Villeurbanne, 5th of May 1935).
. The Super Game took place the 12th of May 1935, in the stadium Buffalo of Paris ; US Lyon Villeurbanne won it and, from the hands of Walter Smith -RFL manager-, received the Super Game trophy offered by Edward George Villiers Stanley.

Some months after, to symbolize the English-French Rugby League Entente Cordiale (or the main French RL Cup), US Lyon Villeurbanne remitted its trophy offered by Edward Stanley to the Ligue Française de Rugby à XIII -LFR XIII- (French RL Federation). During the season 1935-36, the LFR.13 took the Super Game trophy as the trophy symbol of the French Rugby à XIII Cup, like the evidence remitted to its annual winner, and gave to the Super Game trophy the name of Lord Derby.

Since The French Rugby à XIII Cup Final on 19th of April 1936 -in Bordeaux, winner Côte Basque XIII-, the Coupe de France de Rugby à 13 is also known like the Lord Derby Cup and it is represented by the Lord Derby Trophy (French: Trophée Lord Derby).

Edward George Villiers Stanley -17th Earl of Derby- was the honorary president of the Rugby Football League, a politician and had also previously served as the British ambassador in Paris.

:?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Thanks for all the news and updated info, could you guy's post the winners after each round?

It looks like we missed the start of it, so we'll keep it going anyway but next season we'll get into it straight away, atleast this year will give us some sort of idea as to what is going on.

Thanks.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16983&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Lyon Vs Albi

100b9111_129.jpg

100b9141_209.jpg

100b9190_110.jpg

100b9213_983.jpg

100b9240_245.jpg

athena

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
Thanks for all the news and updated info, could you guy's post the winners after each round?

we'll keep you posted... and I'll try not to get mixed up with the rounds
but when I posted this thread I was recovering from the big party we had in Villeneuve
and I'm still trying to recover by the way... so can you tell me how to change the title of my thread :crazy:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
athena said:
we'll keep you posted... and I'll try not to get mixed up with the rounds
but when I posted this thread I was recovering from the big party we had in Villeneuve
and I'm still trying to recover by the way... :crazy:

Been there done that :lol:

Don't worry about the title of the thread, it's not that important.

astreizix

Juniors
Next round draw :

Lyon Villeurbanne / Union Villefranche Cahors
Carpentras / Carcassonne
Villeneuve / Pia
Limoux / Lézignan

Game played on the ground of the first named team, on the 17 and 18 of march.