What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Is Tuqiri the most wretched, pathetic excuse for a footballer in the NRL?

FMD, what has happened to this bloke? He is buggered after 5 minutes, has no idea in defence, always runs with that loose carry and is constantly shown up.

I don't want to be too negative but he has to go. Bring back Joel Caine or Hasan Saleh, they can't go worse.

I'm a Lote fan, but FFS I don't think there is a winger going around as poor as Lote. Last week was a joke. Zero energy, zero involvement, zero impact AND still somehow makes mistakes.

A kid from Flegg could go out there and give us what Lote does each week on a $10,000 contract. Time to cut the garbage loose and look at other options.

Don't even get me started on Blair.
How insane is it to despise players on your own team.

Lote is pretty poor at the moment. Getting to the point where I'd bring Luke Covell out of retirement to cover for him.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
He was good in 2010, that was about all we got out of him. He's dreadful this year - is he getting picked purely for marketing reasons - i.e. the famous guy with dreadlocks?

Mr Saab

Referee
I wouldnt even swap Copely for Lote....he is in the nuffie class now and should be punted at seasons end.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I fear he's going to start caring less and playing worse (if possible) once he isn't offered a contract extension.

Although it wouldn't suprise me if we gave him a 3-year deal...

I have been a fan of Lote since his early days at the Broncos but unfortunately there is no comparison to the player he was then to now.Signs that he was past it were showing last year as he struggled to regain fitness after injury,now his entire play is to the point of embarrassing,which is unfortunate for a player that has played and competed at the highest level but possibly never will again.

gronkathon

First Grade
You could cope with a little loss in pace. But his hands and defensive reads are just so terrible right now and those have nothing to do with injury

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's really sad to see him like this. I am a huge fan of his and he was sensational for us in 2010.

He was crippled by injury last year so I knew it would take him a while to get back into it this year but his hands are dreadful and his positioning so poor, he really looks like a lost little boy out there. Very disheartening to see such a fine player ending his career like this.

mkenn

Juniors
I agree! I was at the game and to be truthful he was terrible. Apart from being buggered after 5 minutes, having no idea in defence, always running with that loose carry and constantly being shown up he was also out of position many times which let a try on his wing "where he should have been".
The Tigers cannot afford to have that much weakness on the wing. I think he should retire!

Fordy20

Juniors
Tuqiri's form has been down, but he's not the worst player in our side. He's off contract and it's likely he'll retire at the end of the season. We're stuck with Blair for another 3 years after this and despite Moltzen being off contract this season, I can see us being stuck with him for a long time to come.

aids

Bench
lote and moltz are the worst players in the team at the moment.
every kick to the back is a nightmare, one of them is bound to misread a kick, drop it cold, catch it and hit the defense and drop it.
or simply be too slow to chase it.

i

BuffaloRules

Coach
Tuqiri's form has been down, but he's not the worst player in our side. He's off contract and it's likely he'll retire at the end of the season. We're stuck with Blair for another 3 years after this and despite Moltzen being off contract this season, I can see us being stuck with him for a long time to come.

His agent is saying differently...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ranstasman-tests-in-doubt-20120419-1xa10.html

Speculation that Lote Tuqiri intends to retire after this season is off the mark, says his agent, Giancarlo Lombardo. Tuqiri is 33 in September and out of contract at Wests Tigers, but the dual international is not thinking about hanging up his boots. ''He definitely wants to go around next year and beyond,'' Lombardo said. ''He had quite a bit of time off last year, so that's given him a bit of time to freshen up the body. In a perfect world, to stay with the Tigers would be ideal.'' Tuqiri, though, is thinking about life after football. He is a partner with Lombardo in GLT Sports Management, and wants to mentor young athletes after ending his playing career.

Fordy20

Juniors
Two more years? In a coaching role maybe. At the moment he barely looks like he's worth match payments.

Become a player agent or advisor fine,but getting a new two year contract that is being optimistic,naive and in denial of his current form,value and ability.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think they should send him on his way. His performance hasn't been up to scratch and at the moment he doesn't deserve a first grade spot.

andrew9148

Juniors
If its true it would standard negotiation tactics. He puts his wishlist - 2 years and lots of money then the Tigers put back their list (maybe 1 year and not so much). And they agree and he stays or they dont and he goes.

He hasnt been his best, but he has been a wonderful player in both codes. He and Brad Thorn are the only two who have killed it consistently for long periods in both codes.