What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Arsenal Brigade II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
In response to Phillips last post in our now locked thread..

Didn't see the Youth game this morning, no Setanta :(

Incredibly promising peformance. It sounds like yet again we have some excellent young players - Frimpong, Watt, Coquelin, Lansbury and of course Wilshere. I didn't know they also won the U18 league.

We could easily see some of these guys sitting on the bench next season.

Why was the original locked?

Anyway.

Arsenal could use a few older, more experienced players. Wenger has to flick his 30+ policy.Great foundation for a potentialy league winning team, get a few older players in there to guide the young ones and I think you guys will be genuine challengers again.

I enjoyed watching Arsenal this year, no longer the team to despise.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Ehh..

I'd like to know too. I'm assuming the 472 pages had something to do with it.

Totally agree about the senior players. IMO Gilberto would have made a lot of difference this year, he seems to be one of the "steady heads" we've forgotten about.

I still wouldn't say no to Frings.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Wow is that the first non FFB forum to be retired?

Would've been good if Macca was still around to see it...

RedVGooner

Juniors
Did i miss something here? What the hell happened to our old thread?

well anyways speaking on rumours, according to the daily star, Barry wants to join Arsenal next season, will be a huge plus if we got him.

I would love to see Barry join Arsenal. That would piss Benitez off severely. All those years of trying to sign him for him to end up at Arsenal :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Would only be a short move as well.

Guaranteed starter, playing Champions League. Would Rafa be able to guarantee him a starting position every week at the Scouse?

Ridders

Coach
I would love to see Barry join Arsenal. That would piss Benitez off severely. All those years of trying to sign him for him to end up at Arsenal :lol:

Barry would be a nice addition, but if its at the expense of Alonso (as was portrayed at the start of the season), i can live without him.

OVP

Coach
Barry has been a loyal servant for Villa over the years, a local junior as well. He deserves to play Champs League and I too would prefer it to be at Arsenal than Livergay. I have to ask though, do you really believe he'll walk straight into the Arsenal team though ? I honestly find him to be a bit of a hog, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Villa rely more on Young and Milner next year as I wasnt very impressed with Barry this year. I have no idea why he is being so heavily chased, its got me beat. At least he has strangled the Villa attack for the last time. Maybe thats being a bit harsh, but his last quarter of the year was rubbish imo (probably coinciding with Villa's fall out of the race... O'Neill probably relied too heavily on him, and he failed).

RedVGooner

Juniors
ok since this new Arsenal thread hasn't really kicked off i just wanted to know

The best player this season =
The worst player this season =
Buy of the season =
Up and Coming player =
Most disappointing player =
And name three new players you would love to see at Arsenal next season =

well ill go

The best player this season = Van Persie is the only stand out for me
The worst player this season = Denilson
Buy of the season = Nasri was on and off but ill pick Arshavin
Up and Coming player = Carlos Vela
Most disappointing player = Diaby
And name three new players you would love to see at Arsenal next season =
ill have Michal Richards but it looks like we are about to sign Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax and Yaya toure and Dzeko from Wolfsburg

Phillips

Referee
The best player this season = Arshavin
The worst player this season = Silvestre
Buy of the season = Arshavin
Up and Coming player = Wilshere
Most disappointing player = Rosicky being injured
And name three new players you would love to see at Arsenal next season = Xabi Alonso

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The best player this season = Arshavin
The worst player this season = Silvestre
Buy of the season = Arshavin
Up and Coming player = Wilshere
Most disappointing player = Fabianski, Silvestre, Bendtner
And name three new players you would love to see at Arsenal next season = Yaya Toure/Alonso, Chillieni, Benzema....and finally Ribery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts