What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Tigerm

First Grade
With so much comment on this this, it deserves it's own platform.

Trying to remain level headed about him, but I think he will be the catalyst to change our fortunes. Not only the skill set he will bring to the club, but because it will make other players look at us with a more positive outlook, that they could in fact have a successful future here.

The hysteria over what he is going to do, is quite unbelievable, it does show the issues of the new contracting process? Being allowed to sign a contract 12 months in advance is crazy, for all concerned, especially the bread and butter fans.

The only ones winning out of this ay the moment are the journalists, they are having a field day, with will he or won't he.

I hope it will be, "he did"?

Last edited:

General Stripes

Juniors
Was never getting an early release.

panthers are scum, everything has to go their way.

Not convinced he is coming yet and hope we don’t chase the supposed dogs deal of 1.5

Tigerm

First Grade

Something going on obvious, 3 days in a row not at training?

A poster on the pennies, made an interesting point, Luai’s management, won’t get paid until 2025, with whoever he signs with, and the thought was, they may be agitating for a release to get something for next year?
Don’t know, but it sounds like a typical unscrupulous player manager?

Last edited:
I did, I think we all did, they wouldn't let Laurie go early, so never expected they would let one of their best players go? But it's interesting, that they need to say it often?
From memory... didn't they have to do the same with Burton? i.e. have to repeatedly say he wasnt being released early

Tigerm

First Grade
From memory... didn't they have to do the same with Burton? i.e. have to repeatedly say he wasnt being released early
TBH, I don’t know much about it, did he end up exiting early from them to go to the dogs?

It’s got a bit of a feel to what Tallis did at the Dragons, I.e. sit out the season, though we don’t know what has caused the situation?

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
TBH, I don’t know much about it, did he end up exiting early from them to go to the dogs?

It’s got a bit of a feel to what Tallis did at the Dragons, I.e. sit out the season, though we don’t know what has caused the situation?

Burton, Api, Capewell, Kiks, Salmon, Cogger etc. All stayed until the grandfinal night. Won a premiership ring each before departing.

Difference with Jarome is that just before he came off contract he signed with the management company 'Black Money'. who won't recieve (I understand) any commission until 2025.

Whether this has a bearing on Jarome not being at training these last 3 days. I have no idea.

Tigerm

First Grade
Burton, Api, Capewell, Kiks, Salmon, Cogger etc. All stayed until the grandfinal night. Won a premiership ring each before departing.

Difference with Jarome is that just before he came off contract he signed with the management company 'Black Money'. who won't recieve (I understand) any commission until 2025.

Whether this has a bearing on Jarome not being at training these last 3 days. I have no idea.
Cheers, just strange what’s going on?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Cheers, just strange what’s going on?

I agree it is.

Factor in the decision that Jarome is making (or has made) leaving his boyhood club, his mates etc........

I would say (without knowing) it's probably a mixture of all things mentioned, that has caused this leave of absense.

Personally (as a Penrith fan) I'd love Jarome to reconnect and stay the season, hopefully collecting another premiership ring in the process. Whether this happens I have no idea.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I agree it is.

Factor in the decision that Jarome is making (or has made) leaving his boyhood club, his mates etc........

I would say (without knowing) it's probably a mixture of all things mentioned, that has caused this leave of absense.

Personally (as a Penrith fan) I'd love Jarome to reconnect and stay the season, hopefully collecting another premiership ring in the process. Whether this happens I have no idea.

I’ve said before but I don’t want him here for 2024. I really want him here with good vibes, having a good year at Penrith, a deserved farewell and the closure he and his fans need. That will be best for all parties and I have no doubt we’ll get the best of him if he comes this way.

Maybe he is having a little hissy fit atm however I’d like to think that can get resolved in the Xmas break and he’s back at Penrith come January.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good idea making a seperate topic Tm.
Now all we have to do is unpin the unused threads so we don't have to scroll down to find relevant stuff.
They get sorted out, with lack of use, except the top ones, could probably use a look at some of them as well, but above my pay grade.

WA Tiger

Bench
The positive about No Luai for 24 is we can have a good look at our halves..all of them. While they’re at it May see just how restricted the team was with Brooks in it. Esp in attacking 10-20m

Last edited:

Black Panther

Juniors
Was never getting an early release.

panthers are scum, everything has to go their way.

Not convinced he is coming yet and hope we don’t chase the supposed dogs deal of 1.5
So Panthers are scum for making a player finish his contract? Things don’t have to be their way all the time, it’s just he has a contract with them for 2024 not the Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope he completes his contract with the pennies like everyone else.

But without knowing what has happened, I don’t think we should automatically assume this is Luai’s fault?

At this stage, all that is known is, he has told his teammates (we don’t know what his decision was) and has not returned to training? There could be multiple reasons for this?

Some clown journo now writing if the WT fans should be worried about if he can handle the pressure?

No doubt it’s a big decision for him, he will no doubt cop a lot of shit for whatever decision he has or does make. TBH, I don’t give a f**k about what the pennies think.