What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lui pleads guilty to girlfriend assault and banned for one year by ARLC

Should Robert Lui be deregistered by the NRL?

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This prick should have been banned not only from playing, but also training with the cowboys. He must have a set of nuts on him to even attempt to get back in this year. f**k him, f**k the cowboys and f**k the ARLC for even giving him the chance to reconsider his ban.

The merkin needs shooting, nothing else.

This is ridiculous. You made your bed Rob, now lie in it. The vibe I get from Grant is he wouldn't be back flipping on this decision.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ert-lui-to-stand/story-e6frep5x-1226446808906

Ban against North Queensland Cowboys halfback Robert Lui to stand

EXCLUSIVE Ben Dorries
The Courier-Mail
August 09, 2012 2:09PM

ROBERT Lui's plea to play again this season has fallen on deaf ears.

The Australian Rugby League Commission has today ruled Lui’s season-long playing ban should stand.

The North Queensland Cowboys player was suspended from playing for a year after the 22-year-old admitted to assaulting his girlfriend Taleah Backo following Mad Monday celebrations while he was at the Wests Tigers.

In April, Lui was placed on a two-year good behaviour bond and fined $2000 in a Sydney court.

But , armed with favourable reports from a psychologist and evidence of his community work in Townsville, the Cowboys had been hoping to convince the ARLC he should be allowed to play again this season.

However interim ARLC boss Shane Mattiske has today refused to overturn the ban.

"We are really disappointed, that is all I want to say at the moment," Cowboys chief executive Peter Jourdain said.

Before flying to Sydney to meet with the ARLC, Lui said: "I really want to apologise for what I have done. . . and I want to say sorry to everyone.’’

"I know people will probably think the worst of me, but there is a much better side to me.''

Brutus

Referee
FFS this Lui story just keeps popping up.

The NRL should have killed it at the start of the year.

It just led the sports news on the radio as well.

f**k OfF!

Brutus

Referee
they killed his appeal

what more do you want :?

It just annoyed the f**k out of me to hear his name leading the news.

It should have all been taken care of ages ago. Appeals the lot.

Letting him actually take the field at the start of the year was an utter joke.

We've a great year for off field incidents and it shits me to hear old ones dragged up.

gronkathon

First Grade
Correct decision.

They allowed due process but stood firm on their decision.

The way it should be handled really

cleary89

Coach
Correct decision, cowboys look like scumbags coming out saying they are cut about it. The article on nrl.com was different from that one and made them look heaps worse.

beave

Coach
Im honestly ashamed at the team I love so much and their handling of this whole affair.

Canard

Immortal
Hope the guy never plays for us, I really do.

Ive never disliked a player from my club as much (well maybe Carl Webb).

I love how the worst management in professional sports (and has been since 1995) are sticking by this Johnny-Come-Lately, give it a season or so and bang he will sign up with the first big money offer that comes his way from down south.

Latest posts