What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burgess Injury Update

DC_fan

Coach
That's a shame for him and the team. We are light on for props and his injury only worsens the problem.

Achillies

Juniors
We are light on for props and his injury only worsens the problem.

It leaves Roy and Sam as starting props. Its a bit of worry when you can practically book both of those guys in for season ending injuries.

I agreed with the decision not to retain Ross at the time but it already looks like it might hurt us.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
He'll hopefully be back round 10. In the mean time we have Neccrom, G Burgess, Pettybourne, Starling, and Taylor/S Burgess have slotted in those positions before. If either of those are bumped up it'll open a slot for Ben Lowe to come into second row.

DC_fan

Coach
It leaves Roy and Sam as starting props. Its a bit of worry when you can practically book both of those guys in for season ending injuries.

I agreed with the decision not to retain Ross at the time but it already looks like it might hurt us.

For mine, Sam Burgess is not a prop forward. He should never move out of the backrow.

Achillies

Juniors
For mine, Sam Burgess is not a prop forward. He should never move out of the backrow.

I agree with you but we have seen in the past that when the front row stocks are a bit thin Sam has been bumped up into the front row. The lack of recruitment in the front row indicates that the thinking hasnt changed much either.

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't want to downplay the efforts of all frontrowers, but it's not that hard to scrap around and find a decent prop somewhere in reserve grade. As long as they can tackle and make 8-10m per hit-up they'll play First Grade. There's plenty of these no-nonsense toilers in the NSW and QLD Cups. We shouldn't worry.