What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

natheel

Coach
the same thing is coming to bite him on the arse, he's too small and his age makes it harder, i reckon this will be his last year for us. but has served us well.

i like Burty and have alot of respect for what he's done for Parra and the community like Hindy.

Burt can still pull out some magic but not enough times where i think he should be blocking a young bloke coming through.

I'd say by 2014 the older players will be gone from parra

i reckon we will look a bit like this

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. W. Tonga
5. Hopoate
6.Marmin Barba
7. Chris Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating (unless we get someone)
10 . Allgood

by then our backrow will be 100% Different with the exception of Horo and Maitua (Horo off the bench)
and i think Shack and Poore will be retained till then too. also Moi Moi will stay for another year imo

we have some exciting times coming ahead. but ill be sad to see some of the older guys go

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
the same thing is coming to bite him on the arse, he's too small and his age makes it harder, i reckon this will be his last year for us. but has served us well.

Remember he came into grade in the 90s, and has actually been named at and played centre a couple of times. Last year when he played in the halves in round 26 he defended on the wing! He couldn't even be trusted to defend between a centre and a back rower, yet he has in the past lined up at the hardest defensive position on the field (centre).

I don't think we'll see outside backs as small as him ever again. In future, players like Luke Burt will be fullbacks/halves or they won't play first grade.

natheel

Coach
We have an untapped amount of talent in our roster! Hayne, Tonga, Roberts, Sandow and Maitua could realistically wreak havoc, lets see where we are in round 5. Hope our guys start clicking

Our big worry with these guys is how hot and cold they can be, all of them are up and down.

natheel

Coach
Remember he came into grade in the 90s, and has actually been named at and played centre a couple of times. Last year when he played in the halves in round 26 he defended on the wing! He couldn't even be trusted to defend between a centre and a back rower, yet he has in the past lined up at the hardest defensive position on the field (centre).

I don't think we'll see outside backs as small as him ever again. In future, players like Luke Burt will be fullbacks/halves or they won't play first grade.

yep unfortunate too because we have had success with small fullbacks like Hodgo and Burty. Do you se young Barba getting a run? i think he'd be great at 6.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
yep unfortunate too because we have had success with small fullbacks like Hodgo and Burty. Do you se young Barba getting a run? i think he'd be great at 6.

I don't think we want him and Sandow defending in the same defensive line. Not for 80 minutes.

Anyway, that's a discussion for the Eels forum. This thread is for fans of all clubs to put shit specifically on Luke Burt. They don't want to hear about our projected backline for 2014 and stuff.

aqua_duck

Coach

Barba would get annihilated if he defended in the line, imagine Dave Taylor, Tony Williams, Sam Thaiday, Sam Burgess, Tariq Sims and the like running at him for 80 minutes. Barba will need atleast asnoth 12 months in the gym before he's even near ready for 1st grade

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Barba would get annihilated if he defended in the line, imagine Dave Taylor, Tony Williams, Sam Thaiday, Sam Burgess, Tariq Sims and the like running at him for 80 minutes. Barba will need atleast asnoth 12 months in the gym before he's even near ready for 1st grade

True enough.

Ben Barba was a defensive liability when he first came into grade and even after putting on all the weight he has (I believe he's close to 90kg now) he's still considered a bit too small. It's one of the reasons he's at fullback.

As for his brother, if it weren't for Ben's rapid weight gain over the 2010/11 off season, I'd think Marmin will never be big enough for first grade.

aqua_duck

Coach
True enough.

Ben Barba was a defensive liability when he first came into grade and even after putting on all the weight he has (I believe he's close to 90kg now) he's still considered a bit too small. It's one of the reasons he's at fullback.

As for his brother, if it weren't for Ben's rapid weight gain over the 2010/11 off season, I'd think Marmin will never be big enough for first grade.

I think Ben even though he's small has a naturally bigger frame than Marmin, Marmin also had th cancer set back as well. In any case even at 90kg I still don't believe Ben would be a good enough defender to defend in the line for 80 minutes

Kazai Princess

Juniors
People are being a bit harsh on him.

I remember a try he scored against Bulldogs a couple of years ago which was funny, he grubber kicked between 2 dogs players, made them run into eachother and then ran around them and scored lol.

He was also a great goal kicker

Not sure if it has been touched upon elsewhere, but I just heard an Aussie Hip Hop song called "Forever" by Def Wish Cast on Triple J, and blow me down if in the lyrics was the line:

"Like a 40/20 from Luke Burt's boot" . . .

Now while I am all for Parramatta trade-footballers getting obscure mentions in obscure band's obscure songs, can any statistician out there tell me for certain whether Luke Burt has ever kicked a 40/20?

Eels Dude

Coach
Not sure if it has been touched upon elsewhere, but I just heard an Aussie Hip Hop song called "Forever" by Def Wish Cast on Triple J, and blow me down if in the lyrics was the line:

"Like a 40/20 from Luke Burt's boot" . . .

Now while I am all for Parramatta trade-footballers getting obscure mentions in obscure band's obscure songs, can any statistician out there tell me for certain whether Luke Burt has ever kicked a 40/20?

He's kicked a few actually. He's got a good long boot on him and often does some general play long kicking, especially when he plays fullback.