What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

17. Watmough

Should have been our backrow. But for some reason backrunner Creagh and no skill Beau Scott have weaseled their way into contention, and it'll probably be game 3 until we see this combination again

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Ben Creagh not an Origin player (good international), Beau Scott not a rep player. Lewis, Bird, Gallen, Watmough.

jbl31649

Juniors
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

17. Watmough

Should have been our backrow. But for some reason backrunner Creagh and no skill Beau Scott have weaseled their way into contention, and it'll probably be game 3 until we see this combination again

Remember Watmough had a wee on a tree outside (uncivil), which is enough to be banned from rep, but having a Poo in a hotel indoor plant, perfect fine!

Remember Watmough had a wee on a tree outside (uncivil), which is enough to be banned from rep, but having a Poo in a hotel indoor plant, perfect fine!

I thought it was more of Sheens/Stuart dislike towards him and his attitude. He still has shown more heart in the blue jersey in one game than most players (i.e. Creagh, Scott, Cooper, Morris) throughout their entire origin career.

jbl31649

Juniors
I thought it was more of Sheens/Stuart dislike towards him and his attitude. He still has shown more heart in the blue jersey in one game than most players (i.e. Creagh, Scott, Cooper, Morris) throughout their entire origin career.

Yeah I don't know what effect he has on a player group, but without being to Manly bias, he was in the faces of QLD in defence in every game last year and if the had stuck with lewis for all 3 aswell we might have had a chance.

I hate that coaches have favourites. You pick your best and put personal clashes in the closet. They're meant to be professional and thats part of the definiton of professional.

John Howard and Peter Costello where not friends, but they put that behind them to run a country. You'd think a couple of meatheads could do the same.

His absolutely better then Creagh (but so are Hindmarsh, G.Stewart, Heighton) and I'll spew when they pick him.

boonboon

Juniors
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

17. Watmough

Its amazing probably the only thing most fans agree on for the Origin is these 4 blokes as the backrowers and selectors will prob pick 2 in the squad max

Just a note I think 3 of those 4 are tools but I dont care this is origin and I want to win

Mr Fourex

Bench
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

17. Watmough

Its amazing probably the only thing most fans agree on for the Origin is these 4 blokes as the backrowers and selectors will prob pick 2 in the squad max

Just a note I think 3 of those 4 are tools but I dont care this is origin and I want to win

^^^THIS^^^

Agreed Lewis is the only non-grub.

Lewis is big and fast and has ball skills. He is the perfect example of what today's NRL 2nd rower should be.

That's NSW best 2nd row combination IMO.........

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm another NSW fan that doesn't like Bird, Gallen or Watmough, but would pick all 3 along with Lewis in a heartbeat. These are the guys most likely to give QLD headaches and strike some fear into them. They actually do the sky blue proud which makes it easy to cheer them despite note liking them.

As good as some of the alternatives are playing at club level, they just aren't as suited to Origin as these blokes.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think Bird needs to be given a license to roam for maximum effectiveness. However, so does Lewis. Do you want two speculators in the 3?

chrisD

Coach
They're not mistake prone and extremely solid in defense, and Gallen will always put his hand up to do the greatest share of the grunt work.

Latest posts