What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to play for Wee Waa

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree with your thoughts RJ. I think it is a complete waste of time keeping him in the Club anyway if Smith wants to continue to run the only one passing player game plan

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Too late to do anything this season.

The situation may be reassessed for next season.

Freak

Juniors
The only drama I see with giving him a restricted release is the potential of injury.

It doesn't matter anyway I very much doubt Jamie gives 2 shyts about Parra or us supporters so why should we really care too much about him!!

woodgers

Bench
I disagree with the Flegg players being signed up. My club the Raiders are like you guys where we throw money at junior development and rightfully so. However Parra need decent players on the park now. You still have a nucleus of a very good side but as discussed lack in a few areas. If you don't sign decent first graders with the money now you could end up like in the 90's with heaps of junior talent but crap first grade.

Does anyone know where we can get a list of the players off contract at the end of the year. If someone can provide that info, we can see who Parra should be chasing.

Pazza

First Grade
I dont know Woodgers, this guy Tim Smith Parra signed from QLD was apparently chased by every NRL team in the comp and came to Parra cause he is a Eels fan. He is worth holding onto.

stuke

Bench
if he plays for wee waa he may get the passion for the game back, as well as his mates telling him what an opportunity he is giving up. parra aren't going to achieve much by blocking him from playing and i really doubt that jamie would go against his word and rejoin the nrl for any other team.

as for not being worth the money that he was on......come off it. he is 21, played origin, tests, a grand final and the best part of 100 1st grade games all while being ranked as one of the best outside backs in the competition. if he wasn't worth the money then who is?????

i am driving through wee waa on friday so if he was to change his mind i would gladly give him a lift back for mondays game. :D

Eelectrica

Referee
woodgers said:
Does anyone know where we can get a list of the players off contract at the end of the year. If someone can provide that info, we can see who Parra should be chasing.
I know read the other day that Matt Orford is off contract and has yet to re-sign with Melbourne.
2005:
7. Orford
6. Dykes.
2006:
7. Orford
6. Witt.
I'd take it.

eelsta

Bench
Avenger said:
Well said Ron, I agree totally.
you are absolutely right but me thinks something fishy is going on ! do you know our biggest loss is noel cleal
anyway lyon should not be allowed to play for any other nrl club do we all think parra are smart enought to do this mmmmmmmmm me wonders! :?: :?: :?: :? :? :?

eelsta

Bench
stuke said:
if he plays for wee waa he may get the passion for the game back, as well as his mates telling him what an opportunity he is giving up. parra aren't going to achieve much by blocking him from playing and i really doubt that jamie would go against his word and rejoin the nrl for any other team.

as for not being worth the money that he was on......come off it. he is 21, played origin, tests, a grand final and the best part of 100 1st grade games all while being ranked as one of the best outside backs in the competition. if he wasn't worth the money then who is?????
kidnap him
i am driving through wee waa on friday so if he was to change his mind i would gladly give him a lift back for mondays game. :D

Latest posts