What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia Stats - Ongoing

afinalsin666

First Grade
I made this list up because of my mafia's getting meta gamed to high heaven. The last few games, everyone has targeted their "usual suspects". Now, of course you can choose players subjectively, but choosing based on how good they are is just not in the spirit of the game.

Plus, the "good" players aren't as good a choice as you think. Here's why:

Times Alive Winner

3 Thorson1987
4 Dogslife
1 Sensesmaybenumbed
1 Gas Panic!
1 Apey
4 Whall15
2 Rebel
2 Dutchy
1 Scott Gourleys Lovechild
1 dragon2010
1 Bazzi
1 DB
1 Misanthrope
1 9701
1 ButchMcDick
2 HowHigh
1 Keepingthefaith
2 Drew-Sta
1 Monk
1 BDR
1 MSIH
1 Cliffhanger

Times Alive Loser

1 BDR
1 Thorson1987
1 DB
1 Soc123_au
1 afinalsin666
3 whal15
1 Didgi
1 Parra
2 9701
1 Parra Pride
1 MSIH
1 Dogslife
1 Dutchy
2 Bazzi
1 Apey
1 Frederick
1 Monk
1 Keepingthefaith
1 DB
1 DragonPunk
1 Smiley
1 Ozzy
1 ButchMcDick
1 Drew-Sta

Pretty much everyone has either won a game, or was alive at games end.
I have faction stats as well.

Times Cult

1 Parra
1 Apey
1 Dutchy

Times Serial Killer

1 Raider_69
1 ButchMcDick
1 Cliffhanger
1 Dragon2010
1 Whall15
1 Ozzy

Times Mafia

2 AdamKungl
2 ButchMcDick
3 BDR
3 soc123_au
3 HowHigh
1 Always Green
1 Bulldog Force
1 Dutchy
2 SGL
3 Apey
1 Parra
3 Dogslife
2 Cliffhanger
4 9701
1 Jason Maher
2 afinalsin666
2 Keepingthefaith
1 Monk
2 Frederick
1 Red Bear
1 Misanthrope
1 Parra Pride
2 Sensesmaybenumbed
3 Bazzi
1 Thorson1987
1 DB
1 Maximus
1 Non Terminator
1 Drew-Sta
2 Bunniesman

Too much meta could drive the meta'ed away. No one wants that. Spread the love.

Apey

Staff member
The "Times Cult" seems very off?

I've been head of recruiting faction twice.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Plus Walker faction in TWD was cult. SMBN was leader there. They were just a different type of cult.

soc123_au

Staff member
Some of the stats may be off, but the point is valid. In the current game the first point that we discussed in the quick topic was that we were pretty much f**ked before we started. The 4 of us are usually targeted at night early. In every game so far (except Simpsons) I have not lasted past night 2 without being targeted. I have either been killed or outed in every game. Simpsons I think I was killed night 5. It does get a bit old. In saying that someone is always going to cop it, I think part of the problem is the town usually has too many night powers. Either way I will keep playing as it is good fun, its like Xmas every 5 days seeing what role you get. It's easy to have a whinge as a player that hasn't run a game, I am pretty sure getting the balance right with the roles is pretty tough.

Monk

Referee
I've definitely been mafia more then once.

Futurama, Random, SSB, BunniesMan (the ones I can remember off the top of my head.)

First Grade
wtf I haven't been mafia 4 times

and even if i was the role plays a big part too. I have been mafia yes but the only powers I have had is investigate and throw a party all the rest has been I get to make sure someone else lives if I stay alive. Never had a kill power a silence a power steal a role block a force vote etc etc. So it really doesn't matter how many times you are what.

Last edited:

First Grade
I think he's still refining the numbers and scores slightly.

Yeah but what I am getting at is it doesn't really matter what faction / role you have. Example BM seems to get a lot of protection whether he is mafia or town where as others don't. All the guys that run games always seem to get actions (although it's random). People giving out the roles to these guys that keep getting voted then wonder why they keep getting voted?

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yeah but what I am getting at is it doesn't really matter what faction / role you have. Example BM seems to get a lot of protection whether he is mafia or town where as others don't. All the guys that run games always seem to get actions (although it's random). People giving out the roles to these guys that keep getting voted then wonder why they keep getting voted?

No doubt at all. I'm not doubting you. It's a flawed system for that reason. Problem is, give people a vanilla role. They don't like it. It's "boring", even passive abilities and often people target those who've performed well in previous mafia games (Look at whall for example).

In the end, it comes down to luck. I had only protection in Futurama, nothing else. I've never been mafia thus far. Been- serial killer, town, town.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yeah, the cult was a pain to glean from the OPs and Final writeup if they didn't win.

Times mafia if you are on one and shouldn't be, it's probably because i accidentally just typed one over the actual number. Did that a few times, and couldn't find where.

I will update with an actual spreadsheet, just quickly tallied on notepad for this version.

But the point still stands, anyone is a chance of being anyone, and anyone is a chance of winning.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Haha. OK, I'll run through them over the next month or so and keep track of them from here on. I completely forgot I did this.