What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies go down

gr8_1

Juniors
Premier League
Sydney Roosters 36 (T Smith 2, L Paea 2, G Rovelli, I Henderson, T Metuisela tries A Mercer 4 goals) defeated Western Suburbs 20 (K Kerr 2, L Fulton, L Covell tries L Covell 2 goals)

Jersey Flegg
Sydney Roosters 38 ( P Taylor 3, L Fatnowna 2, T Malcolm, S Collins, T Carruthers tries J Soward 3 goals) defeated Western Suburbs 12 (P Lett, N McMahon tries B Roberts, M Brinkworth goals)

They havent looked good all season. :cry:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah the maggies have struggled all season in both grades????? Whys is this i wonder? the players there are pretty much the same as last year arent they?

westie

Bench
Tigerpete said:
Yeah the maggies have struggled all season in both grades????? Whys is this i wonder? the players there are pretty much the same as last year arent they?

Flegg have lost Collis, DeGois, Gibbs and Fulton to higher grades. I also hear that there might be a bit of disharmony among some of the players.

PL are just simply playing like shit. To many stupid errors cost them last night.

Tigerpete

Juniors
ok, true about JF, cant really help that i guess but yeah the PL side, i thought after last season would've been really hungry for a good season. If there is disharmony they better sort that out quick smart, wests magpies dont need and neither do the wests tigers. Any ideas whats causing th disharmoney?

steven_tiger

Juniors
covell hasnt been kicking up around his 85% mark... why is that ? tough shots or not hitting them sweet ?

simon says

First Grade
Im surprised that Wests lost those games.The Roosters are decimated with injuries,and this has efeected all grades big time.

And on the Maggies PL.Why are hyey going so bad???Last year they were close to winning it.They seem to have bolstered their playing strength and they are getting beaten regularly???

Someone please explain.....

How many points has Covell got this year? every time i see a maggies match report i allways notice he has a try or two and usually 4+ goals. He's not becomming the next Matt Gafa is he?

gr8_1

Juniors
Patterson is playing tomorow. :roll:

I dont think there will be any changes. All the possibles have played premier league.

gr8_1

Juniors
Heard on radio Harold Matthews got smashed by Central Coast 50-10 or something.

Do these guys have pride in the black n white jersey anymore ? :roll: :evil:

Gobbso

Juniors
It doesn't seem it Gr8_1, which is extremely disappointing. The ghost of Dallas Donnelly should pay them a visit one should think :evil:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I guess Westies prediction of Covell hardly missing a shot has been thrown out the window :roll:

Alot with Wests problems could be that there forward pack has changed alot over the last 12mths, especially their front row as Hill and O'Farrell arn't with the club anymore and players like Gibbs, Patterson and Cashmere are missing as well.

I know that if say Lima, Small, Simpkins, Hieghnington and Isakka where missing that we would be down at the bottom of the ladder as well.

gr8_1

Juniors
I havent noticed Covell's kicking standard dropping. He kicked pretty good the two times Ive seen him (Souths & Balmain). :?

I dont think goal kicking is a problem with the Magpies at the moment. Sure the loss of key forwards has played its part, but, these guys should be performing better than they are. There seems to be a BIG problem throughtout the grades. :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
gr8_1 said:
Sure the loss of key forwards has played its part, but, these guys should be performing better than they are. There seems to be a BIG problem throughtout the grades. :roll:

This year so far I have only seen the boys run around once against the Tiges and sure they looked to have picked up their act which was to be expected but even then you could see that the Magpies are very different from last year - I just thought it was a bad weekend for them :?

I don't know what the problem is, maybe its the forwards, the players who have left for other clubs, or the boys not clicking early on in the season (this is aimed at JF and PL) all I know is that there is plenty of time for things to turn around I just hope it happens sooner rather than later as there are a hell of alot of talent out west ;-)

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
I guess Westies prediction of Covell hardly missing a shot has been thrown out the window :roll:

Alot with Wests problems could be that there forward pack has changed alot over the last 12mths, especially their front row as Hill and O'Farrell arn't with the club anymore and players like Gibbs, Patterson and Cashmere are missing as well.

I know that if say Lima, Small, Simpkins, Hieghnington and Isakka where missing that we would be down at the bottom of the ladder as well.

Post by westie:

How stupid are you? I was discussing his try scoring % as I have tried to explain to you a number of times.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
I was discussing his try scoring % as I have tried to explain to you a number of times.

So explain this comment then????

westie said:
If we were talking about kicking would you take the player operating at 66% or one going at 100%?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yappy

Bench
Covell's %age can mainly be explained by the fact almost every try has been scored in the corner. Finally got a couple of easier ones on Friday. That said he's still missing more of the hard one's than when he's at his best. They come off the boot fine, but the direction is just a bit out. He will tune the radar in over the coming weeks no doubt. He sure is scoring a bag of tries though. And they say he ain't a 'finishing' winger :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the club though - something is definitely crook in Tullarook. Thankfully Ball look like they might have got their heart back, but Flegg and Premiers are a week to week proposition. If they turn up they can beat anyone. If ...

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:
I was discussing his try scoring % as I have tried to explain to you a number of times.

So explain this comment then????

westie said:
If we were talking about kicking would you take the player operating at 66% or one going at 100%?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grammer lad, Grammer. Im was putting their try scoring feats in to perspective. :lol: Perhaps you should be the one doing school cert.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: