What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAJOR SEMI-FINAL (2008) BLUEBAGS v WARRIORS

Black Kitty

Juniors
Poor Colonel :(
Health first... you get better then worry about marking

I'm sure we can all be very patient... for a day or two... but, just in case you want longer .... I know guys who know guys... :sarcasm:

only kidding, first statement stands and I'm sure everyone here would agree :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Absolutely, Kitty. Health > F7s.

Get better, Colonel, and mark a massive upset! Did I just say that out loud...? :sarcasm:

The Colonel

Immortal
Warriors

Jesbass - 86

Solid read with some good links to historical facts.

sportsthought - 88

A good argument in terms of the impact, in particularly financially, a referee can have.

rayroxon - 88

Comedy always has its place. Some very interesting looks at the possible offseasons ahead fir those involved in the finals.

byrne_rovelli_fan82 - 89

Crowds tend to be the one area which can truly cement a team as being successful. More definitely could be done in that area.

Total 351

Lost to

Bluebags

Black Kitty - 88

Pressure is a difficult thing to measure particularly in regard to the Grand Final.

gorilla - 88

A great article highlighting MOLF, a fantastic organisation. One that everyone should get behind.

Willow - 89

Seeing the world has its benefits. With some luck plenty for Clinton.

Drew-Sta - 90

An interesting account of a remarkably different situation as a rugby league fan.

Everlovin' Antichrist - 91

An interesting conspiracy theory. Good to see you can see some hope as the game goes forward.

Total - 446

POTM - Everlovin' Antichrist.

Some really good solid articles from both sides. Worthy of a semi final. Would have been interesting 5 v 5

Black Kitty

Juniors
Thanks for the reffing Colonel
congrats Bags :clap:
comiserations Warriors fantastic fight 5v5 would have been quite nerve racking

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Some high scores on both sides. Thanks Colonel for the reffing.

Good luck in the Preliminary Final Warriors.

Great work baggers. And to EA for the POTM.... just shows to go ya. ;-)

rayroxon

Juniors
Well done Bags and EA in particular. We would've needed a 95 in that last article just to draw so I think you had us covered.

Thanks for the marks and feedback Colonel, always appreciated.

Warriors, well done and congrats BRF82 on the 89.

It's Titan time again!

gorilla

First Grade
Thanks Cols, hard luck about your physical health - you remain in tip-top mental state !

Thanks Warriors for another close one,

congrats EA - pretty good for a washed-up, empty sail. ;-)

Titanic

First Grade
Gee TC that's powerful stuff - I just popped in to check out the scores yesterday and lo & behold I'm down with the dreaded lurgie myself. At least you weren't unwittingly caught up in that brouhaha in the Valley on Saturday night. Another notch in the handle 'Bags ... and see you soon Jess ... we saw you blink your lights as flew over China.

Jesbass

First Grade
Congrats to the Bluebags. Hopefully we'll get a chance to make amends...

Cheers, Titanic. In Venice at the moment, actually. Running late because of Italian time... :lol:

Jesbass

First Grade
I swear that I wrote a Captain's Knock on my laptop as soon as I found out the result. It's probably redundant now, but for the sake of my OCD, I'll still post it up when I can! :D

Jesbass

First Grade
As promised, but decidedly out of date...

Captain's Knock:

Not a surprising result, and indubitably a disappointing one, but it just goes to show that teams that don't put their best foot forward in the finals can expect to lose.

To the referee, many thanks for your prompt marking, especially considering your current health situation. Hopefully a bit of time off will see you right, so that you don't have to worry about things like F7s. :thumn

To the Bluebags, a thoroughly deserved victory. Congrats on the result, and good luck in the big one...unless you meet us, of course! :lol: A special note of congratulations to EA for the POTM. Hopefully the next time we meet, the result will be a lot closer...

To the Warriors, well done on the four who got their articles in, and no major dramas to those who couldn't fill that last spot. It happens. Well done to byrne_rovelli_fan82 for the team's best score. Let's bounce back against the Titans and create a 2007 Grand Final rematch! Go the Warriors! :clap:

rayroxon

Juniors
As promised, but decidedly out of date...

Captain's Knock:

Not a surprising result, and indubitably a disappointing one, but it just goes to show that teams that don't put their best foot forward in the finals can expect to lose.

To the referee, many thanks for your prompt marking, especially considering your current health situation. Hopefully a bit of time off will see you right, so that you don't have to worry about things like F7s. :thumn

To the Bluebags, a thoroughly deserved victory. Congrats on the result, and good luck in the big one...unless you meet us, of course! :lol: A special note of congratulations to EA for the POTM. Hopefully the next time we meet, the result will be a lot closer...

To the Warriors, well done on the four who got their articles in, and no major dramas to those who couldn't fill that last spot. It happens. Well done to byrne_rovelli_fan82 for the team's best score. Let's bounce back against the Titans and create a 2007 Grand Final rematch! Go the Warriors! :clap:

Wow, it's like stepping into the past when we're in the future...or just looking back in the past from the present...hmmm