What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly in the gong.

thebigredv

First Grade
Geez there's some miserable sods on this thread. It's round 3. Calm down. Things will turn around, just not at the speed some people here want. Blame the board and the previous three idiotic coaching appointments in a row for the spot we're in now. Flanagan will turn this around. But hey, it's going to take time.
I already like the 2024 Dragons more than the 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 versions.
Dragons by 6.
I get it but your post could have been copy pasted from any of the last 10 seasons in which the fans have been told not to slit their wrists and be patient etc. It always irks me when these fans are referred to as ‘miserable sods’. Let them communicate their fears and annoyance freely without being labeled.

Flanagan is a different breed to the last 3 and gives me hope. I’m not surprised with the last two losses really and if people were thinking we’d right the ship in a season then they are setting themselves up for grief. I don’t know, however, how he fixes us but he’s my last resort personally. How you can say he will turn us around with absolute conviction is beyond me. We are just hoping against hope based on what he has said. Let’s be real.

The woeful mismanagement of this club has led to too much upset for me. I’m going to see what prevails this season before maybe going on hiatus. I think we’ve passed the point of ‘hang in there and support the boys’. I’m just about done but hoping Shane is our saviour.

Dragon David

First Grade
I get it but your post could have been copy pasted from any of the last 10 seasons in which the fans have been told not to slit their wrists and be patient etc. It always irks me when these fans are referred to as ‘miserable sods’. Let them communicate their fears and annoyance freely without being labeled.

Flanagan is a different breed to the last 3 and gives me hope. I’m not surprised with the last two losses really and if people were thinking we’d right the ship in a season then they are setting themselves up for grief. I don’t know, however, how he fixes us but he’s my last resort personally. How you can say he will turn us around with absolute conviction is beyond me. We are just hoping against hope based on what he has said. Let’s be real.

The woeful mismanagement of this club has led to too much upset for me. I’m going to see what prevails this season before maybe going on hiatus. I think we’ve passed the point of ‘hang in there and support the boys’. I’m just about done but hoping Shane is our saviour.
A lot of us and maybe all of us have been hanging in there for a very long time thebigredv. We have been patient like we have been told to be by many saying the same thing whenever we get a new coach and at the start of a new season. Being one of the miserable sods, I still need to bring out my opinion like everyone on here is entitled to.

I don't look at the whinging by a lot of us as anything bad. We have got to let it all out because the years of the same wait and see keeps going on and on like a suspense serial waiting for the story teller to bring about the end of a villain that he won't want to because that would be the end of the serial and he won't have a job. It is so "lovely" waiting and waiting it is killing me and this has got to the point that it will be not worth the stress to continue to wait.

We have gone over and over the same matter with the same reasons and the ones that are laughing out loud are Mary and Hook because they know what a mess the club is in and no matter who might be the coach, nothing much will change for still sometime.

TheRev

First Grade
Manly are beatable just like the Cows were if we start well and take all our chances.. basic handling errors that would not be made 9 times out of 10... burnt us yesterday.. we would have put the Cows to the sword.. Zac is lining up his kicks.. instead of giving them the ball back to hurt us with.... some on here are making it sound like winning is impossible.... we can absolutely win games.

However we are very fragile.. so if we make errors (and the opposition doesnt), or we dont convert chances etc.. we will get pumped.. so if I was betting money... im not picking us against Manly.. but we're certainly in with a shot.

since77

Juniors

I completely understand people being disappointed with the losses. Last night was disappointing for me too, particularly after the first 20 minutes were so good. But if people can't tell that the team and the coaching is different to previous seasons going back to 2012 then they're not watching properly and their expectations for 2024 have been too high.
We were always going to be somewhere between at best 8th and at worst 11th spot this year and I think a lot of the negative comments from people are based on unrealistic expectations.
Last years grand finalists got flogged a few days ago. Lol@Souffs are zero from 3. The Sharks were pumped by the Tigers.
I’ve been hugely negative during the McGregor and Griffin years. I can already tell things are different even though there’s been two disappointing losses in a row.
I said before the season started that this was year one on a new journey. That journey is going to have nights like last night. I think a lot of the angst on here is from people having unrealistic expectations for 2024.
Hang in there, it’s going to get better by seasons end.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I completely understand people being disappointed with the losses. Last night was disappointing for me too, particularly after the first 20 minutes were so good. But if people can't tell that the team and the coaching is different to previous seasons going back to 2012 then they're not watching properly and their expectations for 2024 have been too high.
We were always going to be somewhere between at best 8th and at worst 11th spot this year and I think a lot of the negative comments from people are based on unrealistic expectations.
Last years grand finalists got flogged a few days ago. Lol@Souffs are zero from 3. The Sharks were pumped by the Tigers.
I’ve been hugely negative during the McGregor and Griffin years. I can already tell things are different even though there’s been two disappointing losses in a row.
I said before the season started that this was year one on a new journey. That journey is going to have nights like last night. I think a lot of the angst on here is from people having unrealistic expectations for 2024.
Yes things are different…. our defence is actually worse with 80+ plus points scored against us in 2 weeks…and who’s the defensive coach??

Parko1310

Juniors
Why are people hyping up Manly as if they're some sort of elite team? They beat Souths (who are another heavily overrated team), and conceded heaps of points against them, and they beat the Roosters who played in that game in typical early season Roosters fashion (shooting themselves in the foot, error upon error, pushing too many tip on passes that go into touch). What people haven't looked at is that Manly cannot defend for their life. Literally every single time the Roosters had the ball on Manly's line last week they scored (apart from one bombed try where they SHOULD have scored off a kick to Dom Young). Souths put plenty on them. Again, every time their line was threatened they cracked. Manly's absolute ceiling as a side is probably 6th place. More likely, they''l be between 8th-12th. They're very very beatable. In my opinion, the Eels will beat them this afternoon. We will have to be very careful next week against Koula, who has unmatched speed. We have a very slow backline. Flano cannot afford to pick Bird in the centres next week who will be up against Koula if he is picked. He will be given an absolute bath. With the inclusion of some fresh forwards, we can 100% beat Manly, we just have to play it smarter than we have been. That will be their making/undoing

Gardenia

Juniors
Manly are beatable just like the Cows were if we start well and take all our chances.. basic handling errors that would not be made 9 times out of 10... burnt us yesterday.. we would have put the Cows to the sword.. Zac is lining up his kicks.. instead of giving them the ball back to hurt us with.... some on here are making it sound like winning is impossible.... we can absolutely win games.

However we are very fragile.. so if we make errors (and the opposition doesnt), or we dont convert chances etc.. we will get pumped.. so if I was betting money... im not picking us against Manly.. but we're certainly in with a shot.
Yep my money that I have sitting in sports bet from an unlikely Dragons win 2 years ago is staying put. I had a feeling for the 1st round and wish I had cashed in then.

Manly are red hot this year. I thought the cows were beatable as well as they made errors in round 2. We have our forwards back but our backs are just too slow. DCE and Brooks will school us I fear. I do not hold high hopes for next week. The best I am hoping for is an improvement.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Manly will wipe the floor with parra today and they will do the same to us next week. Our only win was against the titans, we will struggle to turn it around its going to be a very long year for us in my opinion which i hate to say but to go 18 - 4 up at home and just fold like last night shows a team that has alot of issues internally and now the media will deathride us which is well deserved to be fair. Hunt and lomax will be in different colours next year i can almost guarantee it.

Gardenia

Juniors

My thoughts exactly re: Just about done.

Regarding whinging labels etc. - well we need to be honest, or the forum is just a fake place with no substance. And yes, we have been very patient.

jeffdragon

Bench
Manly will wipe the floor with parra today and they will do the same to us next week. Our only win was against the titans, we will struggle to turn it around its going to be a very long year for us in my opinion which i hate to say but to go 18 - 4 up at home and just fold like last night shows a team that has alot of issues internally and now the media will deathride us which is well deserved to be fair. Hunt and lomax will be in different colours next year i can almost guarantee i
Didn't happen.

Sage63

Juniors
Manly will wipe the floor with parra today and they will do the same to us next week. Our only win was against the titans, we will struggle to turn it around its going to be a very long year for us in my opinion which i hate to say but to go 18 - 4 up at home and just fold like last night shows a team that has alot of issues internally and now the media will deathride us which is well deserved to be fair. Hunt and lomax will be in different colours next year i can almost guarantee it.
"Manly will wipe the floor with parra"..... great insight!

Dragonslayer

First Grade

This I 100% agree with.
We still have what 22/23 rounds to go and the mood is already poor in the forums.

Now, I'd rather be us than poor JD at Redfern, and what about Dezi, wasn't he, at one stage, the forum favourite to be HC atvthe Dragons? Shall I add that we are on the same # of points as last year's grand finalists. Yes, our differential is poor, but I do agree with Flanno in that there is a football team in there somewhere.

It will unlock and when it does, we'll then show up some teams that think us as cow fodder.

I see the word patience thrown around another hee, but is it patience we are wanting, or is it just seeing improvement. Patience, to me translates as winning almost weekly, improvement tells a different story, and I've seen that, albeit at the expense of our defense.

As I said in the game thread, who's our defensive coach again, you know the onw who likes a self-indulgent title and who is gunning for a hc role.
Tin foil hats at the ready.