What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly set to trade Michael Bani for Ben Farrar

eagles4eva

First Grade
BEN Farrar could become Brett Stewart's short-term replacement at Manly with the Sea Eagles negotiating to swap Michael Bani for the Cowboys flyer.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the two clubs are close to signing off on a deal which will see Farrar, a Newcastle junior, join the Sea Eagles and Bani move to North Queensland. Manly see former dugong hunter Bani as only a winger and are interested in Farrar because he can also play fullback, handy given Stewart's injury and pending court case.
We also understand Bani is keen to make the trip to Townsville where he will be closer to his family, who live on the Torres Strait Island of Mabuiag.
"They have been in talks and it looks as though something will happen in the next 24 hours," a source close to the Sea Eagles said. "It probably will be a good move for both of them.
"Bani will be closer to his family and Farrar will get a chance at fullback and I think his family is from Newcastle."
Bani stormed into first grade during 2007 but injury allowed cult hero David "The Wolfman" Williams to take his place last year when Manly won the premiership.

source - http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25549682-5006066,00.html

caspersparks

Juniors
not sure who ben farrar is, but sounds great, no offence to bani, but it would be great to have robbo on the wing again..

Spike

First Grade
I rate Farrar as a winger, but I can't remember the last time he played fullback

andrew057

First Grade
Farrar for Bani is a nothing trade, no improvement what so ever. All its doing is offloading the remainder of Bani's contract to free up money for Robbo, Wolfie and Porford.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Farrar for Bani is a nothing trade, no improvement what so ever. All its doing is offloading the remainder of Bani's contract to free up money for Robbo, Wolfie and Porford.
At least Farrar has a go, it looks like Bani is scared whenever he goes for a run. Paperthin defense as well.
Big improvement if it goes through.

Talanexor

Juniors
Farrar's a handy little player - can cover any backline position. He trained the whole offseason at fullback to cover if Bowen didn't recover in time. Proven try scorer, and plenty of guts in defence.

This is a pretty weak story though - the only ones who benefit are Manly. Farrar has finally got his chance to cement his place in first grade at the Cowboys, and is doing a fine job. At Manly, he'd fill in until Brett Stewart is fit, and then go back to playing park footy.

And Manly is still a long way from Newcastle.

Cowboys would be mad to trade a talented up-and-coming backline utility for a winger with turnstile defence.

GB!

Juniors
speculation only, grant mayer released a statement saying this is false, bani not going anywhere. thank god

get rid of of mediocre player for a complete hack? shyte trade if it went ahead

Disco

Bench
I think Farrar is slightly better than Bani atm, but the thing that really makes me want this to Happen is Farrars utility value.

We are light on in the backs and have T Williams and Sunilia that can stand in on the wing. Having Farrar instead of Bani means we have extra cover at Fullback and Centre as well

StinkyPete

Juniors
I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!! instead of stealing farrar:x who has not much 1st grade experience at fullback and palming bani off to us. Have a chat to parramatta who are playing luke burt on the wing. he's a safe fullback and has decent support play which is all you need until brett is back.

Latest posts