What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Tommax25

Bench
No, you're entitled to jog off the field, that's what all players do when they're sin binned - Except Stewart, it seems. He's alone in that he walks off the field as slow as he physically can, turning around every few seconds waiting for Blair to catch up to him.

Wind your f**king neck in

Link me to where it states a player must run/jogg off when sin binned and I will happily agree that Glenn was in the wrong for not doing so. Until then running towards someone is still > walking off slowly.

STEWART THREW THE f**kING PUNCH, HE STARTED THE FIGHT.

You can't go into a court of law and say "We were having a verbal disagreement so I socked him in the face, but I think we're both in the wrong and deserve equal punishment"......... NO! That's not how it f**king works dicknose

Would he say that? I think he would probably say, "He was punching my teammate while he was restrained so I pulled him off and held him until the ref sorted it out. I got sent to the bin and walked off, he got sent to the bin and ran off. He stopped and starting trash talking and getting in my face. I tried to keep him out of my personal space by putting my hands up and he shoved me. So I hit him. I don't think I deserve a harsher punishment than him."

You are an idiot, and you make yourself look like a fool with your extremely one-sided opinions and use of swearing and name calling as part of your arguement.

M2D2

Bench
No im having a laugh at how many times youve posted that.
Learn to look at the lighter side of such serious buisness.

Tommax25

Bench
You're having a laugh at how many times I've pointed out that saying Glenn is to blame is wrong? Odd sense of humour...

Link me to where it states a player must run/jogg off when sin binned and I will happily agree that Glenn was in the wrong for not doing so. Until then running towards someone is still > walking off slowly.

Would he say that? I think he would probably say, "He was punching my teammate while he was restrained so I pulled him off and held him until the ref sorted it out. I got sent to the bin and walked off, he got sent to the bin and ran off. He stopped and starting trash talking and getting in my face. I tried to keep him out of my personal space by putting my hands up and he shoved me. So I hit him. I don't think I deserve a harsher punishment than him."

You are an idiot, and you make yourself look like a fool with your extremely one-sided opinions and use of swearing and name calling as part of your arguement.

Does swearing and name calling invalidate my point of view? You make yourself look like a fool by peddling logical fallacies and generally being a juvenile bellend.

Your argument is so 1-sided and biased it's unreal. Jogging off the field isn't a crime, walking off the field isn't a crime, trash-talking isn't a crime - PUNCHING somebody is. It's that f**king simple. And that's all that matters.

Tommax25

Bench
Does swearing and name calling invalidate my point of view? You make yourself look like a fool by peddling logical fallacies and generally being a juvenile bellend.

Your argument is so 1-sided and biased it's unreal. Jogging off the field isn't a crime, walking off the field isn't a crime, trash-talking isn't a crime - PUNCHING somebody is. It's that f**king simple. And that's all that matters.

It doesn't invalidate it, but when your point of view is biased and wrong to begin with the swearing and name calling makes you and your arguement look even more worthless than it already is. You are wrong on both counts. Enjoy.

I also absolutely love the irony of you calling me a "juvenile bellend" when I am not the one resorting to name calling and swearing to sound important :crazy:

Really, you aren't? Could have sworn you called me an idiot; I must be going blind!
Here's a tip: When trying to take the moral high ground, it's best not to do the exact same thing you're slamming another bloke for :D

And that you think swearing is somehow offensive or foolish shows you to be the juvenile, intellectual light-weight that you are. I mean, just how old are you, 7? "Oh noes, da man said a bad wordeds, herp derp derp". That sort of response is expected from children.

I'd really love to know who I'm supposedly biased in favour of? Holding an opinion does not equate to bias, I have no favourable views on either team or either player. But certainly if there's any bias from me it's in favour of Manly.

Now, f**k the f**k off.

bartman

Immortal
Sounded good - up until that last bit. That's the bit where he shows that he's not too smart, was the (physical) agressor, and deserves more time off than Blair for that incident.

(Blair has the other charge from his upper cut, so on balance they'll probably be out the same amount of time, but clearly G Stewart deserves more for his actions than Blair for his. And don't get me started about B Stewart...)

AuDragon

Juniors
Look at the ladder :lol:
So a team that may end up ahead of us on F/A only, in a minor premiership where the Broncos suffered their usual exsanguination during the rep season, of which Manly took full advantage, is a far better team?

Oh boy... :lol:

Epic_Facepalm_5452.png

Evolution

Juniors
That's not how the refs saw it. Saw one of them in some rag pretty much suggesting that it was Stewarts fault for walking off so slowly and purposely waiting for Blair.

Everyone jogs off like Blair when they've been sinbinned! Stewart was purposefully waiting for him

And had a nice look around just before he threw the first punch to see who was close enough to stop him before he got a few good ones in.

firechild

First Grade
I'm pretty sure the reason Stewart began walking off slowly was because he was bewildered that he had been sin binned for holding back a player that was laying into a teammate. He was initially looking back to check whether Blair was also being sin binned. Stewart should not have been sin binned in the first place as he never threw a punch (confirmed by the fact the MRC charged Blair with striking and not Stewart). He was very reluctant to leave the field because of this.

busterc

Juniors
wonder if this latest drama will impact on both sides momentum going into finals, you would have to think mentally they will be disrupted and physically manly will be without Foran, Stewart and Lussick that might just make the Broncos favourite in their next match wouldnt it?

Broncos would have been favourites anyway. Even matched teams but broncos at home. Now they will be shorter priced favourites. Manly might be happy in the long run that a couple of players will get a week off before the finals (except g stewart who will probably be sitting out a couple of weeks next year also)

sheet_ed

Juniors
The politics and the committee

Analyse the decision

Environment.

Brookvale Oval - NRL screwed up by having it hosted there - like Leighthart Oval great atmosphere but its overcrowding was always goining to incite violence, either in the crowd or on the field.

Wolfman gets carted off the field - fans are insenced, like they always are and the atmosphere goes up a notch, baying for blood.

Incidents.

Hinchcliff hits out after being over held, stupid but pretty normal and it winds from there. Blair does a dirty hit.

The walk off both looking to continue, Stewart slows down keeps looking back and Blair jogs up to him. Then the shit storm. Manly players do a dog act of 4 on 1 (sorry but the replay keeps showing it that way) and we get Storm players off the bench.

More players should have been walked/sin binned but bad referee decision or fear of crowd reaction made this worse.

End of Incident.

Manly won and deserved to be winners.

Committee

NRL has to fine the clubs - Why? Both coaches talked about healthy respect nothing came from either club OR players so how did they cause the issue? This I blame on overcrowded ground, journalists, bad referees and the fired up crowd.

Outcome

Big match this weekend for Darren Lockyer's farewell - the NRL's "Golden Team" as I call them, requires a big send off what better way is to cripple it's opposition. Doesn't have a impact on the ladder so who will notice, they will make up the money on the gate.

Tit for Tat

If 5 players are taken from Manly then 5 players need to be taken from the Storm, irrespective of logic. This decision is pure politics. If I saw 4 people jump anyone and I was a spectator, I would try and break it up why is this an offence to the extent that it is.

The highest ratings ever and biggest publicity for the game in 10 years.

Last edited:

busterc

Juniors
I haven't been following the conversation here(and judging by the last couple of pages i haven't missed anything) but my two cents are:
Charges are about right.
Blair gets the extra charge for the uppercut on a held player....fair enough
Lussick gets the extra weeks for both running in and obvious punching a player held and on the ground....fair enough
G Stewart and Blair straight to judiciary......deserve whatever they get for fighting once being sent to the sin bin.......both to blame....both to have finished their seasons....fair enough
B Stewart...one week....probably the only one i'm annoyed with....should have been longer......And that BS about protecting his brother is just that. If he's that emotionally unstable then he shouldn't be playing with his brother. His brother wasn't being flogged, held down by a gang of 4 whilst being flogged, he was in a one on one punch up. Pretty fair fight until he got involved.
The others charged I'm happy with either no suspension or a week off just to make an example both for players coming off the bench and those running in.
I actually thought the fines to the clubs was about the only punishment that was a bit over the top. I think the clubs have until now acted fairly responsibly, not made any rash comments, and seem happy to let the process play out. The players are being punished so I'm not sure what the fines are for.