What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Vs Cronulla Thread

CharlieF

Juniors
Shorty said:
You guys have to beat them,this should be an easy match but I think you guys will struggle to score points because of the voodoo in the first half,in the second half however should power home.

Its actually been the other way round except for the last 2 games. Before that I think we scored no more than about 12 points total in 5 games in the second half.

Don't believe these voodoo things. Manly is another team this year. The only regular pattern that they have this year is that they constantly win.

Fin077

Juniors
I dont understand all this talk of Manly 13+.

Yes, Cronulla are fielding and understrength side, but they still have players that were part of the side when they were being touted as "contenders" about 2 months ago.

Dont forget they are also one of the better defensive teams in the comp.

Should be close.

spartan

Juniors
They're one of the better teams in the comp with their regular players but they ain't there.

The entire back row of thomson,bird and gallen is out and that's the best unit going.

gong_eagle

First Grade
spartan said:
The entire back row of thomson,bird and gallen is out and that's the best unit going.

they are a huge loss, I reckon the 1st 20min for the sharks will tell the story

effnic

Bench
Fin077 said:
I dont understand all this talk of Manly 13+.
Neither do i 50+ should be the minimum. Our biggest win is something like 36 points
Manly-50 Sharks-14, i really do expect Manly to change that tommorrow night. I will take anything less than 20+ to Manly as a loss.

Breaking news: Covell is back

Anything less than 30+ to Manly will be a loss.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Glenn Jackson | July 20, 2007

CRONULLA might have had some problems with injuries, but Manly are not faring well either ahead of their clash tonight. Halfback Matt Orford (virus), five-eighth Jamie Lyon (leg), centre Steve Bell (leg) and interchange Travis Burns (back) are all in doubt.

Coach Des Hasler said Burns was "almost no chance", Orford was "50/50" and Bell and Lyon were "no certainties either". Bell and Lyon will have fitness tests today.

Matt Ballin has been brought into the squad for Burns.

harry

Juniors
I'm struggling to remember the last time Manly haven't had players in doubt due to a "virus" and they always end up playing. Hasler has got to come up with some more original mind games. Either that or they have all got AIDS.

chileman

Coach
Ballin in, good for him :D

Never knock the Sharks at home when they are the under dogs :roll: it'll come back and bite us if we think this is an easy win!

gong_eagle

First Grade
Heard that Clint Halden may also be a late inclusion as with Lyon and Orford out Manly need a 5/8 and kicker

chileman

Coach
29-22 , I knew this was going to be a tough one and I'm just glad we took the points and can put toyota park hoodoo behind us!

groggo

Juniors
chileman said:
29-22 , I knew this was going to be a tough one and I'm just glad we took the points and can put toyota park hoodoo behind us!

it has been a long time between drinks amigo and it was freezing out there on friday nite