What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly's Signings

Disco

Bench
Considering u guys are in the know regarding QRL, can u give ur opinions on the following players who have all signed with Manly

Paul Stephenson
Jonathan Denny
Dave Warry
John Paul Cherry
Luke Campbell
Sean Dalton

can u tell me what possies the bottom 3 play and who u think the pick of the group are

dizi

Juniors
JP Cherry is quite versatile and has played at five-eight and in the backrow, however I don't know what position you would class him as. He will help out your first division team heaps but won't be seen in the NRL.

Jonathon Denny is pretty much the same. He will excel in your first division side but get no further.

Paul Stephenson couldn't get a start in the Cyldesdales side that didn't make the finals so I hope you got him cheap. Still a very handy player all the same.

The rest I don't really know about.

Do you know what happened to Jake Walker who played Jersey Flegg with Manly in 2001 and 2002? He was the hooker.

Sean Dalton played centre for the Redcliffe Colts side this year. He looks a very handy prospect. Strong and quicker than he looks and knows how to run into a hole.

I've seen JP play 1/2, 5/8, lock, 2nd row and hooker. I think his days in the halves are behind him. As Dizi said I'm not expecting him to play NRL but I guess you can never say never.

Dave Warry a big 2nd rower who was at Penrith as a youngster before returning to play for Redcliffe in the Qld he had a disagreement with Alex Corvo and finished the year in 2nd grade in 1999. Then went back to the Sunshine Coast and came back to Redcliffe in 2001 only to walk out half way through the year because he thought he should be in first grade. Played on the Coast again in 2002 and Wests in Qld Cup this year.