What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Mau

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This is where platypus comes into the picture BUT this partnership arrangement with Koala was kept top secret. From deep in the forest comes rumours that the forming of this secret cabal involved Emu, Dingo and Kookaburra including the casting of suspicions over this dark group using listening and tracking devices that enabled them to steal a vast treasure from Knights Templars and have it hidden in 13 sacred sites. Conspiracies abound that many who naturally live in the forest were payed off to be spies and to keep their mouths shut.

This is more plausible than that rubbish you sent through about different languages.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm thinking of coming up with a series of ludicrous, poorly formed conspiracy theories with more holes in them than HJ's undies. Once I have done this I think it would be good to spray people on this forum with them. When people point out the many holes and simple logic fails then I can just say that they aren't informed enough to understand it.

Sounds like fun.
Sounds like what usually goes on in the soccer thread, to paint the RBB in a positive light!

lingard

Coach
You do realize that the chairman was responsible for the murder of 75-85 million people right? Would you be so liberal with a nickname like Fuhrer? I think not. Please have some respect for the dead & their friends and families that are still living.

I just had an image of Adolph Hitler lacing up the boots and trotting out at half-back for Parramatta. I don't think he'd go too well. Probably give away too many penalties.

lingard

Coach
No I don't. Religion is fair game considering that throughout history it has been one of the chief motivators for many of the said atrocities. Also when one thinks about it, without a smidgen of any evidence or proof to validate any of it what so ever.

Oh really? Prove it.

If you say so. But I tend to think that airing my opinion about a topic, whether critical or not, is a everyones right in our society. But when you use the most notorious mass murderers name in a positive fun way and forget the heinous weight it has behind it, well in my opinion, it can be construed, at the very least, as a little insensitive. But again this is my opinion and I think that you guys are just plain wrong.

Ok I concede, you win, you're a f**ing idiot, since you should know.

It's not that cool. But I may mumble it under my breath when he gets the ball and no one's looking.

I didn't say I was wringing my hands or crying rivers of tears over this, but now I am very upset about the fact that I'll never be as good looking as you or ever have gorgeous flowing locks as you or ever be able to grow a wonderfully strong, manly beard as yourself. Oh woe is me...:(

But then again, come to think of it, in your own words, you're a f**ing idiot. Therefore you probably look like a hairy, smelly horses arse with dysentery and a severe case of boils and arse clap. So I must say, I think I'm looking pretty awesome again. :D WHOO HOO!!!

Ram: has religion been the cause of many atrocities, wars, etc? OR is it just human beings behaving like human beings do, and using religion as an excuse to beat up on each other?

lingard

Coach
I didn't say anything about beliefs. At least I don't think so, cos I believe all beliefs should be put to the test of public discussion and debate and if applicable where there is not one iota of real evidence, can be made fun of or put up for ridicule, because then it is a freakin joke. Just because billion are in total delusion doesn't make it any less so.

The earth orbiting the sun is a fact, no matter how many delusional gits didn't think so.

Funny thing is, Ram, that the earth orbiting the sun is a fact that you take for granted but something that, on a personal level, you can't prove.

lingard

Coach
It was never about religion, it was about tribalism. The Soviets and Chairman Mao proved that.

Like any ideology.

The year is 2014. Two thousand and fourteen years after what?

If Mao Zedong had Jesus in his life he might not have killed as many people. Fact.

2,014 years after we started numbering the years.

lingard

Coach
I'm thinking of coming up with a series of ludicrous, poorly formed conspiracy theories with more holes in them than HJ's undies. Once I have done this I think it would be good to spray people on this forum with them. When people point out the many holes and simple logic fails then I can just say that they aren't informed enough to understand it.

Sounds like fun.

I thought that's what you were doing already?

Ram: has religion been the cause of many atrocities, wars, etc? OR is it just human beings behaving like human beings do, and using religion as an excuse to beat up on each other?

That's exactly right, lingard. The likes of Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong etc. show that the atrocities of the world are committed by people who are merkins. Some of them will be religious and use that religion as a weapon of control but it's the people that are merkins, not religion.

People who froth over religion are just doing it because it holds authority and they are so self-centred and arrogant that they attack any kind of authority, whether it be religion specifically or conservatism in general.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

People with no religion often confuse religion with tribalism. An example is the Taliban, who are ostensibly a religious group. The fact is that most of them are illiterate, and even many of their religious leaders are only semi-literate. They also promote Pashtun cultural practices (Pashtunwali) and call it Islam, even though much of it is at odds with what is written in the Koran.

It's the same with 'religious' conflict in Africa. It is just rebadged tribal conflict where one side calls themselves Muslim and the other side calls themselves Christian. The prime motive for this is to identify with a larger 'tribe' (Christianity or Islam). Personal religious beliefs have nothing to do with it.

'Christian' militias/gangs in these places are often astounded when Western peacekeepers don't take their side in these conflicts, because they assume all Westerners are Christian. Maybe the 'Muslim' tribes have the same experience with peacekeepers from places like Turkey and Egypt.

lingard

Coach
People with no religion often confuse religion with tribalism. An example is the Taliban, who are ostensibly a religious group. The fact is that most of them are illiterate, and even many of their religious leaders are only semi-literate. They also promote Pashtun cultural practices (Pashtunwali) and call it Islam, even though much of it is at odds with what is written in the Koran.

It's the same with 'religious' conflict in Africa. It is just rebadged tribal conflict where one side calls themselves Muslim and the other side calls themselves Christian. The prime motive for this is to identify with a larger 'tribe' (Christianity or Islam). Personal religious beliefs have nothing to do with it.

'Christian' militias/gangs in these places are often astounded when Western peacekeepers don't take their side in these conflicts, because they assume all Westerners are Christian. Maybe the 'Muslim' tribes have the same experience with peacekeepers from places like Turkey and Egypt.

Exactly. Religion gets hijacked. And then unimaginative people use that as a supposed reason to claim the non-existence of God. "Religion causes all these wars, so how can there be a God?"
It's a bit like doubting the existence of Stephen Kearney because he allegedly has structures in place that would make a team win; but the team isn't winning. Therefore, Stephen Kearney does not exist. Any fool can see it's the players losing the games, not the religion (the structures) or God (Stephen Kearney). I think that's right.

pk76

Juniors
Exactly. Religion gets hijacked. And then unimaginative people use that as a supposed reason to claim the non-existence of God. "Religion causes all these wars, so how can there be a God?"
It's a bit like doubting the existence of Stephen Kearney because he allegedly has structures in place that would make a team win; but the team isn't winning. Therefore, Stephen Kearney does not exist. Any fool can see it's the players losing the games, not the religion (the structures) or God (Stephen Kearney). I think that's right.

:clap:

phantom eel

First Grade
Yep, good game from Mau tonight. Edwards also played well. These guys are up to first grade standard, Ben Smith is not going to get back in the starting side.

yy_cheng

Coach
Manu. / Edwards finally provide us with the ability to offload, makes us not so predictable

We have so many broken play runners from Hayne, Hoppa, Tonga, Semi, Sandow.

You would think once we take control of the ruck, we should bring in some 2nd phase.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yep, good game from Mau tonight. Edwards also played well. These guys are up to first grade standard, Ben Smith is not going to get back in the starting side.

Yeah. Loved Benny Smith in his prime but that was a long time ago.

What we've sorely missed the past few years has been a back-rower or two who can bend the line. Suddenly we've got three or four guys coming through who hurl themselves at the line and there is actually some light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, and Peats was best player on field tonight.

guruminga

Juniors

Nice work mate :lol:

Except it's a bit too close to calling SK God for my liking.

G

Latest posts