What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Geyer reference on channel 9 news

Moffo

Referee
Geyer is an idiot that says many stupid things.

However he represents the voice of a very large majority of league fans. More importantly, he does not appear to have an agenda.

gee, that cuts.

i hope you realise that everyone thinks you are a complete dope after this weekend

Once Dead

Bench
He has an agenda, everyone does, but it's not a personal "me, me, me" agenda.....his agenda is about the success of rugby league.

Ribs

Bench
I have no doubt at all Nasser has orchestrated the SBW France trip on the weekend before the Mundine fight intentionally for that very reason.

Channel 9 news on a Sunday Night, Top 10 most watched programe of the week ( if not Number 1? ), headline story, exclusive interview with Nasser, promotion of Mundine fight...

Come on. Best ( and most pathetic ) publicity stunt ever.

Paranoid goose. Yeah, Khoder threw away SBW career to promote a fight. You're a dill.

drake

First Grade
Paranoid goose. Yeah, Khoder threw away SBW career to promote a fight. You're a dill.
Sorry bud, but this is win-win from Khoder. He can act as SBW's manager in France, doesn't need to be NRL accredited. 6% (roughly) of $1.5 million p.a. plus a boost to sales of people wanting to see Choc get his arse kicked.

I think Anthony, for all that he waffles crap, is a very astute business man in a cutthroat business, and Khoder Nasser will do anything to further his clients financial interests. Choc has made a fortune fighting nobodies, riling the gullible up to pay to hopefully see him get his head punched in. Good luck to him... he's no Kostya Tszyu, but few are.

I'm sure Choc genuinely likes Sonny Bill, and would be able to reconcile the destruction of SBW's image in Australia with the fact that his 'brother' is gonna get paid a sh*tload of Euros to play a sub standard game in an exotic locale.

Obviously this is my opinion; if I could read minds, I'd be busy ruling the world as a mildly evil dictator.

Ribs

Bench
Sorry bud, but this is win-win from Khoder. He can act as SBW's manager in France, doesn't need to be NRL accredited. 6% (roughly) of $1.5 million p.a. plus a boost to sales of people wanting to see Choc get his arse kicked.

I think Anthony, for all that he waffles crap, is a very astute business man in a cutthroat business, and Khoder Nasser will do anything to further his clients financial interests. Choc has made a fortune fighting nobodies, riling the gullible up to pay to hopefully see him get his head punched in. Good luck to him... he's no Kostya Tszyu, but few are.

I'm sure Choc genuinely likes Sonny Bill, and would be able to reconcile the destruction of SBW's image in Australia with the fact that his 'brother' is gonna get paid a sh*tload of Euros to play a sub standard game in an exotic locale.

Obviously this is my opinion; if I could read minds, I'd be busy ruling the world as a mildly evil dictator.

Anyone who suggests that people will go and pay money to watch Mundine fight Crazy Kim because SBW left is kidding themselves. Simple as that. The only stupid reason being thrown up is that people will go to watch Mundine get belted. I doubt Crazy Kim is going to do that so that reason makes no sense at all.

Of course it's win-win for Khoder, but people are going on like SBW is a 5 year old being driven along by Mundine and Nasser like a sock puppet ffs.

drake

First Grade
Anyone who suggests that people will go and pay money to watch Mundine fight Crazy Kim because SBW left is kidding themselves. Simple as that. The only stupid reason being thrown up is that people will go to watch Mundine get belted. I doubt Crazy Kim is going to do that so that reason makes no sense at all.

Of course it's win-win for Khoder, but people are going on like SBW is a 5 year old being driven along by Mundine and Nasser like a sock puppet ffs.
I agree that Dollar Bill is a grown up, but I'm pretty confident that my 12 year old daughter is a lot wiser than him. Easily led fella it seems; Willy Mason used to be his mentor FFS.
As for the SBW defection generating sales... free advertising, and a gamble that cost the Mundine machine nothing. No such thing as bad publicity.

Spitty

Juniors
Is it just me or does Mundine/Nasser always find a way of getting into the media just before his fight. Until that interview on 9 I didn't even know Mundine had an upcoming fight.

Before his last fight he insulted Cathy Freeman. He's brought up the "I'm going back to Rugby League" at least three times and again each time was just before fights. If I were more of a skeptic I'd say they've manipulated the SBW situation to again get in the media and promote his fight.

But that's only if I were more of a skeptic.

Latest posts