What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Knights v Panthers

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 11
Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 21 May 2017

Gates 9:30am / NYC 9:45am / ISP 11:45am / NRL 2pm (all on FOX)

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dane Gagai 2. Ken Sio 3. Joe Wardle 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Jaelen Feeney 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh Starling 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Sam Stone 13. Josh King
Interchange: 14. Luke Yates 15. Anthony Tupou 16. Mitchell Barnett 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Brendan Elliott 19. Tyler Randell 20. Trent Hodkinson 21. Jack Stockwell

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Matt Moylan 2. Peta Hiku 3. Dean Whare 4. Waqa Blake 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Leilani Latu 16. Tim Browne 17. Viliame Kikau 18. Moses Leota 19. Sitaleki Akauola 20. Mitch Rein 21. Te Maire Martin

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Dave Munro, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Adam Reid, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

NYC - Sun 9:45am at McDonald Jones

ISP - Sun 11:45am at McDonald Jones​

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
If we win this game by 40 points we move to 14th on the ladder if the tigers lose.

If Souths and warriors lose this week and next week by about 10 points each game we will move to 11th in the bye round.

The top 8 is calling us.

perverse

Referee
If we play like the Canberra game and the Panthers don't play like they did in the second half against the Warriors, we can win this.

2 big ifs, though. Not confident, am hopeful though.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
This game will test the players and coaching staffs season management. Coming off a great win the team needs to enter this game with the same desire and intent for the full 80 they showed on wkend. A few injuries tonStarking and Fitzgibbon will change side up again, so we'll see who is brought in to compliment team.

Glendale

Juniors
Penrith did a number on us in round 4. That was easily our worst effort of the season. Won't happen again this week, we'll be tougher to beat at home. But I dunno, last 2 seasons despite being shit we have always matched up well with the Raiders. So yesterday didn't come as a major surprise to me. However we don't seem to match up well against Penrith, they have beaten us comprehensively everytime they play us. Their style of play suits us and we don't suit them. Also a high chance of us shitting the bed after a win. Hope I'm wrong though.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah it would be nice to think Browny has flicked some kind of magic switch and suddenly the young blokes will be consistent over 80 for the rest of the year. But reality is they are learning and there might be some let down after yesterday.

Not saying we cannot win but a lot needs to go right and that includes Penrith having an off day.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Penrith did a number on us in round 4. That was easily our worst effort of the season. Won't happen again this week, we'll be tougher to beat at home. But I dunno, last 2 seasons despite being shit we have always matched up well with the Raiders. So yesterday didn't come as a major surprise to me. However we don't seem to match up well against Penrith, they have beaten us comprehensively everytime they play us. Their style of play suits us and we don't suit them. Also a high chance of us shitting the bed after a win. Hope I'm wrong though.
Well there goes any optimism I had

Pedge1971

First Grade
Prefer to have Randell on the bench somewhere but good to have Barnett back. Here hope he comes out firing.

Swarzey

Bench
Glad to see Barnett is back already; wasn't expecting him until the Storm game at least.

Also good to see Stone. Kid has been killing it.

Joel-22

Juniors
I would bring Randell onto the bench, drop King and start Yates at lock.

I reckon Yates has earns himself a start and cam play big minutes as well.

I initially thought this may be the go, however, I like Yates' mobility coming off the bench when the opposition forwards begin to tire.

How the f**k Pauli is being considered for even the extended bench is beyond me. He was solid in the City v. Country game.

Imagine the damage dan saifiti would do taking the ball up after Pauli as opposed to Starling. Pauli at least doesn't get driven back. Last week poor old Starlo got belted every hit up which gave the defense time to set themselves for the following hit up

Joel-22

Juniors
Until Buhrer is back I'd like to see;

1.Dane Gagai
2.Ken Sio
3.Joe Wardle
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Nathan Ross
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jaelen Feeney
8.Pauli Pauli
9.Danny Levi
10.Dan Saifiti
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Mitch Barnett
13.Josh King

14.Tyler Randall
15.Anthony Tupou
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Luke Yates

PhilGould

Bench
Looks like Rossy's going to be playing NSW Cup due to his unprofessional behaviour re: his contract.

Latest posts