What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Sydney v Melbourne

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 16
Sydney Roosters v Melbourne Storm
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Thursday 1 July 2021

NRL kickoff 7:50pm

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Lachlan Lam 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Adam Keighran 15. Egan Butcher 16. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Drew Hutchison 19. Ben Thomas 20. Freddy Lussick 21. Joseph Suaalii

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Nicholas Hynes 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Aaron Booth 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Chris Lewis 17. Aaron Pene 18. Cooper Johns 19. Jordan Grant 20. Dean Ieremia 21. Trent Loiero

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Ashley Klein

NSW Cup - Roosters feeder
Newtown v NORTHS at Henson, Sat 3pm

QLD Cup - Storm feeders
Ipswich v SC FALCONS at North Ipswich, Sat 2:10pm
Burleigh v BRISBANE at Pizzey, Sat 4pm​

Last edited:
Having this game played at Newcastle's McDonald Jones Stadium unfortunately will not help our chances in my view. If anything, it could impact us negatively, as the Storm have had difficulties in the past playing us on the SCG surface. Anyway, time will tell, but I do think Melbourne will be too good (although I do not believe that it will be a whitewash).

It is game day ladies and gentlemen. Therefore, it is time to don those famous red, white and blue colours and fire up ahead of this most important clash (particularly for our team). It is time to stand up tonight and make a statement. We need to stop the rot, and start making some progress towards the top four. We get some players back, so I expect a better performance after a week off.

I expect Melbourne to win, but not by much. Storm by 10.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I’m quietly confident we can get over the line tonight. Robbo and the coaching staff will have used these last two weeks to have the boys ready for an ambush. Us by 4.

It was a very poor effort considering how many of them were coming in from having a week off. I cab excuse JWH to an extent as he has busted his butt the last few weeks, but the others? I switched it off well before halftime as, like Morley, I could tell the effort just wasn't there.

Very disappointing indeed. I had no idea that this was coming. It will be particularly interesting to see how we respond to this.

Christian Welch is disappointed. Well, that is just nice, isn't it! I too am disappointed. In fact, I am bloody angry at the fact that he did what he did and got away with it. The Storm's tactics never cease to amaze me. Don't worry about acting within the spirit of the game or anything like that! Win at all costs is all that seems to matter.

Quite disgraceful really. Nothing else much to say on this.

Valheru

Coach
Thought we were the better side the first 10 minutes bending their line through the middle well. Then the 1st try went against the play and then we were camped on their line for 4 sets and bombed 2 tries.

They then got a fortuitous 2nd try and from there we gave up which is very disappointing.

It is what it is though and on to next week.

For the first time, I am not going to bother listing my best players.

Teddy tried hard, and there were about two or three others that were not too bad on the night, but that was about it. This is a game to forget, and I am just looking forward to moving on and hopefully putting a number on the Bulldogs this week.

For the first time, I am not going to bother listing my best players.

Teddy tried hard, and there were about two or three others that were not too bad on the night, but that was about it. This is a game to forget, and I am just looking forward to moving on and hopefully putting a number on the Bulldogs this week.
Ditto

Latest posts