What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Bulldogs @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Bulldogs v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Got a feeling he'll keep Lamb in reserves until home game next week and challenge this team to lift this week after the disgrace of last week.

I hope his plan is to eventually bring both Lamb and Cogger. Give them the final 8 rounds to do what they can in 1st.

Frederick

Staff member
From the squad named I would make the following changes for game day

5. Elliott
2. Cata'utia
3. Wardle
4. Pata'utia
1. Ross
18. Lamb
20. Randell
8. Daifiti
9. Levi
21. Paea
11. Sata'utia
12. Fitzgibbon
14. Buhrer

10. King
13. Barnett
15. Yates/16. Stone
17. Jaifiti

Elliott is safe as houses at the back, Ross more effective on the wing.
Halves purely so I don't have to watch hodkinson and feeney have seizures out on the field again.
Paea and Buhrer starting for experiences sake, Buhrer providing maybe a more level headed playmaking option than Barnett, and a solid defender in the middle of the field.

Frederick

Staff member
Why can't Tom Hughes get a crack?
Brown probably doesn't want to raid the lower grades too much as they're both in the running to make the finals and would rather have some of the players at the club taste success rather than expose them to defeat after demoralizing defeat

Old dog

Juniors
Brown probably doesn't want to raid the lower grades too much as they're both in the running to make the finals and would rather have some of the players at the club taste success rather than expose them to defeat after demoralizing defeat
Are you serious, surely a win in firsts is better than reserves, pick best based on form and ability, Hughes deserved a chance this week in front of Chanel, two weeks back from lots of injury time, were is the incentive to perform

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why can't Tom Hughes get a crack?

If you watch Browns q&a on the Knights web site he calls out Tom Hughes among others as a player in the lower grades whose form has been noticed.

Says he prob needs 12 months incl. a pre season with the top grade. Doesnt want to rush Hughes and some of the other young blokes into top grade like he was forced to do with others last year.

Nothing to do with form or ability and clearly he likes what he sees in the kid.

Brown was actually pretty open in this video well worth a look.

slotmachine

First Grade
This might be crazy but I think we are in with a shout in this game.

Tigers killed us with second phase and ball movement. The Dogs attack couldn't organise their way out of a paper bag currently. If Brown wants the team to grind I think there is less chance of Dogs punishing the inevitable mistakes. Just don't know where our points are coming from. But will be closer than the spoonbowl.

Also I hope Buhrer plays 80 minutes and it isn't at lock.

Elliott
Chanel
Pete
Wardle
Dawg
Feeney
Lamb
Dan
Levi
Jacob
Sione
Buhrer
Barnett

Randall
Yates
Paea
King

Pedge1971

First Grade
It comes down to artitude. We had none last week and copped what we deserved.

Capable of beating a very ordinary dogs team if we bring tbe right attitude.

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Nathan Ross
19.Jacob Gagan
3.Joe Wardle
4.Pete Mata'utia
2.Chanel Mata'utia
18.Brock Lamb
7.Jaelen Feeney
21.Micky Paea
9.Danny Levi
10.Josh King
11.Sione Mata'utia
13.Mitchell Barnett
15.Luke Yates

8.Daniel Saifiti
14.Jamie Buhrer
12.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
17.Jacob Saifiti

I'm fed up with seeing Elliot getting rag-dolled Gagan and Chanel will help with early momentum, I like the Mata'utia brothers on the same side, Lamb for Hodko is a nobrainer, Paea into the starting side for his experience and size, simplify the role of both Saifitis - run hard, take hit-up 1 and 2 of each of our attacking sets outside of our 20. Sub Yates for Fitz, Barny back to lock with Fitz on the edge, Sub Sione for Buhrer.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Fed up with seeing Elliot ragdolled? What are you on about. Dead set Elliot has been one of our best backs.

Wardle is horrible.

Paea probably should be a level below nsw cup let alone promoted to nrl because he has 'experience'.

Your team hurts my eyes.

mozza91

Coach
Has Elliot ever broken a tackle? A few length of the field tries has fooled people about his actual input.
He's safe and fast when he has nobody in front of him.
He's also incapable of bending the line and a weak defender. He has improved a fair bit but is still mediocre overall.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Has Elliot ever broken a tackle? A few length of the field tries has fooled people about his actual input.
He's safe and fast when he has nobody in front of him.
He's also incapable of bending the line and a weak defender. He has improved a fair bit but is still mediocre overall.

None of our team breaks tackles except Ross

slotmachine

First Grade
But he's poison apparently.

I'll take safe Elliott over what the dawg dished up against the tigers, had a nightmare.

Spot On

Coach
Gagai breaks more tackles than Ross does.

I'd like to see this 'tackle break' stat rejigged. I don't count pushing away from a defender and moving backward repeatedly as breaking anything, especially when you end up closer to the opposition try line than you do your own. I've watched Gags repeatedly push away (backwards) off a defender 3 or 4 times and make no ground whatsoever yet they count all those as tackle busts??? Pfft. Hogwash, to borrow a word from Kevvie W.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I'd like to see this 'tackle break' stat rejigged. I don't count pushing away from a defender and moving backward repeatedly as breaking anything, especially when you end up closer to the opposition try line than you do your own. I've watched Gags repeatedly push away (backwards) off a defender 3 or 4 times and make no ground whatsoever yet they count all those as tackle busts??? Pfft. Hogwash, to borrow a word from Kevvie W.

This, pushing away a player isn't exactly breaking a tackle.

mozza91

Coach
I was only responding to your initial statement.
Gagai has 89 and Ross has 35. Regardless of how you define a tackle break to say Ross is our only player who breaks tackles is rubbish.

Woosh

Head Moderator

This!
Anyone has the actual run meters?
Ross would be way ahead.

Latest posts