What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Nearly derped them the win, 2nd half was very poor after the Parra try, last 25mins we kept inviting them to take it.

Noname36

First Grade
I’m starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, we might not come last. This was an important game for that.

Yosh

Coach
Lol... We tried our best to lose the game but Parra luckily derped it harder than us. Thank you Parra we need you to steal that spoon from us. What's the level below reserve grade? That's what that game was. At the end of the day, we got the two points.

Great to have Pearce back as well. We'd lost by a big margin if he wasn't there.

I thought we played well. There were some good performances.
We struggled to get out of our own half.
Pearce made the difference with his kicking game, general play and leadership. He allowed other players to play more in form.
I was impressed by Watson.
Sione seemed to be playing in on defence early on and had one of his best games.

Swarzey

Bench
Made it tough for ourselves but full credit to Hayne, actually played like he wanted to be there and killed it.

Pearce being back absolutely transforms us. Our attack, his leadership, everything was crucial. We missed Ponga in attack for his ball playing skills. I really like Watson's role, he has a bit of Ponga's - for lack of a better word - suspense where he could create something anytime he gets his hands on the ball but he doesn't have the same skills in attack that Ponga does. Our forwards are still soft and give up too much in the middle. Levi played out of his f**king skin, Sione was fantastic until his concussion. Hopefully it isn't serious. Barnett was shithouse in the first half but turned it around in the second. I still would have him on the bench next week for Fitzy though. I feel Denniss was the only real lowlight for us; was hardly threatening in attack, was poor in defence.

Scrappy as hell but I feel there's some positives to pull from tonight. We were poor in a lot of areas but Parra weren't slouches; they shot themselves in the foot like us.

perverse

Referee
Pearce being back absolutely transforms us.
He doesn't transform us at all - we just scraped by against Parramatta, and most of our team played pretty shit. He's just that good that his own individual contributions are enough to drag our pus-leaking carcus over the finish line. Barely.

Latest posts