What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 19: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
We gave it a good shot out there. I don't know what to think about Brooks. He just makes a lot of mistakes. Is it because he doesn't have the fitness to go 80 minutes ?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
We gave it a good shot out there. I don't know what to think about Brooks. He just makes a lot of mistakes. Is it because he doesn't have the fitness to go 80 minutes ?
he just seems to be hot and cold...
his short kicking game is killing us...he was lucky that try came off the posts for him.....
lolo was good today...looking fitter and faster

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's purely & simply coz he's a dumb prick.

We should never have re-signed this sub - standard imbecile.We are desperately in need of another option in '18 coz I don't c this donkey improving.Cleary has a major problem on his hands next yr as we don't have a game manager with the skill-set & ability to manage the team around the park to the level required for us to make the 8.

Lets not kid ourselves our spine for '18 is shithouse !!

Nofa has regressed since he re-signed & doesn't seem to have the intelligence to learn the basics of positioning re defence for a winger .If he continues to f**k us in '18 by gifting the opposition schoolboy standard tries I expect Cleary to send him to state cup.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
It's purely & simply coz he's a dumb prick.

We should never have re-signed this sub - standard imbecile.We are desperately in need of another option in '18 coz I don't c this donkey improving.Cleary has a major problem on his hands next yr as we don't have a game manager with the skill-set & ability to manage the team around the park to the level required for us to make the 8.

Lets not kid ourselves our spine for '18 is shithouse !!

Nofa has regressed since he re-signed & doesn't seem to have the intelligence to learn the basics of positioning re defence for a winger .If he continues to f**k us in '18 by gifting the opposition schoolboy standard tries I expect Cleary to send him to state cup.
Agree Ted ,we need a backup 7.....he's not improving at all.
Nofa iis giving away 2 tries a game by being miles infield.
To make the 8 in 2018 we won't have the team.
Lola is looking sharper though

Tiger Ted

Bench
Nofa's defensive ineptitude is doing my head in.He is deadset one heck of a gargantuan gift that keeps on giving !!!

I just don't get it,they are supposed to be professional footballers,yet they keep making the same dumb mistakes time and time again,Nofo wtf he has to be a slow learner,how hard is it to count heads and number up in defence.

Clifferd

Coach
I thought Brooks was ok. 1 try 1 try assist forced drop outs 100+ run metres only 2 missed tackles gets a pass from me.

Fix his last tackle plays and short kicking game which are easy fixes and he should be right. Certainly isn't in dire straits like some of you lads are suggesting

Nofo f**ks me off in D. You could put a traffic cone where he defends and you'd get the same result. Non existant

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Brooks is close to being good. The problem is close isn't good enough. Nofo's defence is terrible.

Overall though I thought we were good.

Tui was the standout from my perspective. He just looks like he can make a bust and he came up with a lot of quality plays.

Clifferd

Coach
What about when lolohea skipped across field and he asked Nofoaluma to come inside him as there was a genuine try scoring opportunity. Nofo just stood there like a stunned mullet not knowing wtf to do.

I felt sorry for LoLo there. I think he has immense talent and it's starting to show

simmo05

Bench
Bit harsh on brooks I think. Defence has improved immensely since IC took over. Whats this, his second game without the halves partner he spent the whole pre season training with? There were 2 shit passes but most halves have those in their game. Maybe hire a Johns style coach to help him with the short kicking game?

And nofo, wtf? Has he inherited Grace Jones' disease? Finally get 1 defensive liability sorted and now nofo is doing the same. He has dropped right off since he re signed

Radical Rat

Juniors
I actually thought Brooks was really good yesterday. You can see he's starting to take more charge of the team. Sure he made a few mistakes but he was playing an expansive game trying to create chances. I'd much rather him play like that over him in going into his shell and just going through the motions. He had some really good variation in his attack. I'm confident with a settled halves partner next year we'll get the best out of him.

Vozzy

Juniors
Same typical story where we compete for 60min against an in form Manly team at their home ground. Then the middle of our ruck falls to piece due to lack of fitness. Also right side defense never changes. Still don't know how you have an over lap off a scrum.

Clifferd

Coach
I actually thought Brooks was really good yesterday. You can see he's starting to take more charge of the team. Sure he made a few mistakes but he was playing an expansive game trying to create chances. I'd much rather him play like that over him in going into his shell and just going through the motions. He had some really good variation in his attack. I'm confident with a settled halves partner next year we'll get the best out of him.

I agree. Let's not forget manly are a genuine top 4 team and will probably run deep into the finals this year, and the fact it was at their own home ground. All things considered Brooks had a pretty good game

A full off season under IC & knowing Reynolds combination he will be fine and should go to a new level

Our middle hit the wall due to fatigue and injuries,it goes to show that you have to be careful with your bench selection,although in the WT case we don't have a lot of options compared to other teams.

Clifferd

Coach
Oh and we had 2 players on the bench for 50 minutes also. Very understandable the team would have been fatigued, very proud of the effort.

simmo05

Bench
That bullshit strip hurt us big time. Instead of attacking from halfway, we were defending our line. But thems the breaks, a better side brushes that off. What i dont get is why woods was not giving it to the ref. The bunker would have let Sutton know he f**ked up, and he would have been looking to square the ledger with us. If someone chanced a rake, i reckon we would have got the call

Tiger Ted

Bench
Same typical story where we compete for 60min against an in form Manly team at their home ground. Then the middle of our ruck falls to piece due to lack of fitness. Also right side defense never changes. Still don't know how you have an over lap off a scrum.
Yep the mind boggles re our DUMB right hand defence.This is supposed to b NRL not park footy.Its now beyond a joke & people have got to b held accountable re the constant leaking of soft tries down our right edge.Ive had enough & if Cleary doesn't do something about it he can f**k off coz right now he is no better than that halfwit Taylor.Also until recently Cleary continued to pick Lovett in the team which is unforgiveable.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I agree. Let's not forget manly are a genuine top 4 team and will probably run deep into the finals this year, and the fact it was at their own home ground. All things considered Brooks had a pretty good game

A full off season under IC & knowing Reynolds combination he will be fine and should go to a new level
His had 4 yrs to prove to us he has the full complement of skills to manage the side around competently.Yes he is having a dig but geez he has poor execution of kicking & passing.Its inexcusable to have not displayed improvement in these 2 significant facets of a game managers repertoire.

I hope he comes good next season but we desperately need a contingency in case he continues to play dumb otherwise we will b in for another long winter in '18 !!

simmo05

Bench
And another thing, why wasnt lussick sent off? He tackled someone by the hair, could have broken his bloody neck. If that is not intentionally attacking someomes head, what is? Also the weak merkins standing by watching it happen need to have a look at themselves. Should have knocked him out on the spot