What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Panthers @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
We got f**king hammered in the forwards. Serves us right for only playing one prop on the bench

Next week Canberra will win 70-0

macnaz

Staff member
We hear this crap about playing Big sides .... the Sharks have no issue dealing with any side regardless of size... they are hardened and wont to win... we are pissweak and couldnt care less .

Tiger05

First Grade
Its not just the forwards ... the rot is from the coaches and positions 1 to 17

Exactly. The coach playing mind games with Farah was clearly an issue. Farah getting paid too much was an issue as well but the solution was just as bad.

We have some players who think they are great but they aren't.

Das Hassler

Bench
They may well have been shot ducks before they even ran out today...after reading simonas interview i cant I imagine that their focus was 100% and there may be a few players with serious concerns on their mind....hope not

macnaz

Staff member
Looked like a few have taken over Simona's betting and snorting going by the way they played..

Clifferd

Coach
We came out thinking we were hot as shit after last week and we'd just click into action and repeat.

Unfortunately it's a brand new game & starts at 0-0 again and Penrith gave us a real tough lesson

Here we go again,all our hopes and dreams for 2017 belted by a dose of reality,totally uninspiring and pathetic effort today.

Vic Mackey

Referee
A few small things and we still could have easily won today. We literally dropped the ball over the line 3 times and had another disallowed for a (harshly judged) forward pass.

The bench selection was terrible. Aloiai and Edwards aren't props. I know Grant, Felisse and Jordan Grant are all injured but surely Lolo and Paeska would have been better selections. As soon as Ava and Woods went off we were shot and Penrith scored 3 times in 10 mins, game over.

We then lost patience and tried way too many stupid plays to catch up. Players then refused to put their bodies on the line. Sadly nothing has changed, we're great when things are going our way but fall to shit as soon as it gets rough.

Clifferd

Coach
Not disregarding that piss weak effort but glad it's happened in Rd 2 and not round 24. It's clear our attitude was not right

yeah it's an ugly loss, but let's get a gauge on things in a few weeks not in rd 2

magpie4ever

First Grade
Oh well back to reality.

Quick question - JJ Felise, where is here, I thought he had a heap of potential from what I seen last year?

Well the tigers have been a Jekyll and Hyde team for the last 12 years but didn't Mr Hyde come out to play today! This is what it looks like when Tedesco doesn't have a blinder.

I'm starting to think it might be a good policy to start Woods on the bench and bring him on after 15 mins so that he can play out the half. Bring him on for the first 5 mins of the second half and then give him a rest and let him rip for the last 15. Anything is worth trying at this point before the season gets away from us.

Brooks, Moses, and Grace Jones can all f**k off as far as I'm concerned. The only one who really shows any promise and at least has a dig in defence (albeit unsuccessfully) is Moses but he's becoming a grub of almost Ennis proportions and his constant attempts to milk penalties, along with his bitching to the refs, the opposition, and about team mates has just about put me completely offside. These 3 would find it hard to tackle a 9 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Tim Simona all is forgiven and please come back now. At least you could you defend. Funny how the panthers spent the warm up practicing their defence and look what happened??? Who is our defensive coach this year anyway? David Kidwell hasn't snuck back in has he?

Shredder

Juniors
Headspace - we were never in this.

Im most concerned by our kicking game - it was a whole new level of horrible.

No bright points to this game - bring on net week - lets see if we can bounce back

Clifferd

Coach
It's gonna be hard as f**k to bounce back too.

A massive Canberra pack down at gio stadium fired up after getting a similar spanking to us, doesn't get any easier tbh

I atleast hope we have some size on the bench this week

Tiger Ted

Bench

No bright points to this game - bring on net week - lets see if we can bounce back

An aggressive side of behemoths which hasn't won a game & r @ home against a team of skirt-wearing fairies who can't tackle can't kick & have no stamina & who were pumped by Canberra twice last yr.Canberra 30+ next week.

simmo05

Bench
Same thing every year. Why do we drop off at certain times every single game? Why is our defence consistantly the worst? Why do we consistantly have a weak forward pack? Why cant we put on brutal defence when needed? It doesn't matter who the coach is we cannot seem to shake the acceptance of mediocrity. I am starting to think that the players know they are in a cushy gig from the moment they sign up, and there is zero accountability. Any other team brooks would be in reserve grade for the forseeable future, and kev would be out of a job. Shit i am getting over it.