What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Roosters v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 2
Sydney Roosters v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Thursday 9 March 2017

Gates 5:35pm / NYC 5:50pm / NRL 8:05pm

SYD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Isaac Liu 15. Kane Evans 16. Ryan Matterson 17. Connor Watson 18. Chris Smith 19. Joseph Manu 20. Dale Copley 21. Zane Tetevano

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. William Hopoate 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Kerrod Holland 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Greg Eastwood 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Adam Elliot 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Brad Abbey 20. Matt Frawley 21. Francis Tualau 23. Craig Garvey

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

U20's Round 2
Roosters v Bulldogs at Allianz Stadium, Thu 5:50pm

ISP Round 2
Warriors (Warriors) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bulldogs) at Mt Smart Stadium, Sat 11am
Newcastle Knights (Knights v Wyong Roos (Roosters) at McDonald Jones Stadium, Sat 12:40pm (FOX)​

Last edited by a moderator:

___

Juniors
I expect the Roosters to win comfortably. Their excellent form at the end of last year leading into this year, and our poor form and the end of last year leading into this year logically only leads to them winning.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It funny. Teams usually bounce back from a round 1 loss. I'm sure some of the kinks can be ironed out. Especially given the conditions. But a poor kicking game will hurt us all year.

___

Juniors
In my opinion, this year is already a write-off. I wouldn't mind loosing all games until round 6 so Des can get the bone.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"I wouldn't mind losing all games"

That is such an awful, disgusting attitude to have.

___

Juniors
We need a new coach. If loosing 6 games to get a new coach is better for the long-term future of the club, it's something I can live with.

What I can't live with is supporting a team with a coach who cannot adapt to the game the way the other 15 NRL clubs can.

I lost count of how many times Tolman was given the ball on the 5th tackle last year, Why not kick the ball? I know why... because Des is too afraid they'll kick it dead giving the opposition 20m restart and 7 tackles. Yet the other clubs who risk it actually get something out of it. Not the Bulldogs though. Just get tackled on the 5th. So much better.

Timmah

Staff member
You're basing that opinion of one competition match. The changes were evident in the trial in Hobart - on a dry track.

I'm willing to be a little more forgiving lest we end up with another shit placeholder coach like Kevin Moore because some fans are sooky we haven't won a premiership lately

___

Juniors
You're basing that opinion of one competition match. The changes were evident in the trial in Hobart - on a dry track.

I'm willing to be a little more forgiving lest we end up with another shit placeholder coach like Kevin Moore because some fans are sooky we haven't won a premiership lately
Hey, we've won as many Premierships under Tadpole as we've won with Hasler - mind you Hasler has been at the club more than double the time Tadpole was (in a head-coach capacity).

Timmah

Staff member
Hey, we've won as many Premierships under Tadpole as we've won with Hasler - mind you Hasler has been at the club more than double the time Tadpole was (in a head-coach capacity).
Is that literally the only measure of success?

Are you trying to suggest to me we're no better off under Des than we were under Kevin? LOL

Footy Tragic

Juniors
The only measure of success is winning a premiership. We're not a junior team looking to develop players for a higher grade.

___

Juniors
Yesterdays performance was bad. Very bad. I have no idea what the hell Hasler is telling them to do at coaching. No idea.

Timmah

Staff member
Two grand finals and five consecutive finals, who knew?

dogz08

First Grade
when will 1 of our spine players have a try assist? i think lee already has 4..