What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Titans @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Knights v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I've read through everything on this thread and I think some people are being pretty harsh on the team given it's been almost a year since we last won in the NRL.

The way we won on Saturday was indicative of a team who has made a habit of losing. Whenever we looked in control we allowed them back into the contest. Yet the big difference from last year to this year was when we were down on the scoreboard we had enough in the tank to drag ourselves back into the game. It happened in round 1 too, we weren't able to keep our foot on the throat but we came back into the match at times when we could have thrown in the towel. Difference is that this week we obviously learnt from the Warriors game and held our nerve to close the game out.

Realistically guys I don't think we'll win any games by a big margin this year and at times it's going to look pretty scrappy and there'll be some real heart in mouth moments to go along with it. Remember this is a team of mostly rookies who are learning how to win after getting the crap beaten out of them each week last year.

I agree that we could have won by 20 but I think the important thing to remember is that we have a win on the board and that will give these guys some confidence in what they're doing. This'll give us something to build on and I hope we see a similarly committed performance against Souths next weekend. Consistency is the next step for us.

Glendale

Juniors
The way we won on Saturday was indicative of a team who has made a habit of losing. Whenever we looked in control we allowed them back into the contest. Yet the big difference from last year to this year was when we were down on the scoreboard we had enough in the tank to drag ourselves back into the game. It happened in round 1 too, we weren't able to keep our foot on the throat but we came back into the match at times when we could have thrown in the towel. Difference is that this week we obviously learnt from the Warriors game and held our nerve to close the game out.

Agreed. I am gonna say this for the last time- we were the better side on the weekend. We just kept finding ways to let them back into the game. You expect that because literally half of our squad has won 0-2 games in the NRL. The process of winning at this level is foreign to them. This win is very important to us as a morale booster and a confidence booster. It will give them belief that they can win. If he had of lost this game after being on top for pretty much all of it then it would of been a real kick in the guts for them. Thankfully we win and we move forward and hopefully we keep up the effort we've been showing.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I only got around to watching the game just now...

Terrible control, scrappy performance, we could just as easily have lost. But im SOOOO happy to finally get a win.

There is so much energy in the team and so much individual skill and young guys with potential. Its just about whether Brown can pull the team together and get some control and structure into the side...