What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Eels v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 21
Parramatta Eels v Newcastle Knights
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 August 2019

Gates 1:15pm / Jersey Flegg 1:30pm / Canterbury Cup 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-PAR19.png

1. Clint Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Brad Takairangi 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Kane Evans 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Manu Ma'u 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Marata Niukore 15. Daniel Alvaro 16. David Gower 17. Tepai Moeroa 18. Greg Lelesiuao 19. Peni Terepo 20. Jaeman Salmon 21. Stefano Utoikamanu

TL-NEW19.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Kurt Mann 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Tautau Moga 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Mason Lino 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Connor Watson 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Jacob Saifiti 15. James Gavet 16. Sione Mata'utia 17. Aidan Guerra 18. Jamie Buhrer 19. Beau Fermor 20. Jirah Momoisea 21. Danny Levi

ogdZGg2.png

Referees: Adam Gee, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Liam Nicholls
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Lowe

Feeder club info
Knights: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Eels: Wentworthville Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Parramatta Eels (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Ponga to 5/8, Watson to FB,
Buhrer to start at hooker with Tex Hoy off the bench.
Sione to centre with Hunt moved over to replace SKD, SKD moved to centre to replace Moga.
Moga to the wing to replace Mann
JSaf moves in to the second row to replace Barny and Barny to front row to replace Dsaf who moves to the bench.

Lets try this for a week and see how we go. We can easily change it back again or completely change it around next week.

Then all we need is Klein or Perenara as referee and we are set for a massive win.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Perenara has refereed us 27 times since 2011 - for just 6 wins.

Since Brown took over the club we've lost 15 of 17 games under Perenara

Bartwah

Juniors
Everyone remember this post. I predict we’re gonna win our last 5 games. Let’s all laugh about this on Saturday night :joy:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Everyone remember this post. I predict we’re gonna win our last 5 games. Let’s all laugh about this on Saturday night :joy:
I agree 100%.
We’re gonna find out mojo again against Parra and win our last 5.

Old dog

Bench
In all seriousness I can’t see us changing to much from last week. Dropped players, Levi, Ese’ese, had no opportunity to impress except at training.its an absolute must win game so unlikely to give inexperienced players a go.
Sorry but it looks like more of the same.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The weird thing is that when we had that 5 match loosing streak early in the year we then played ourselves back into form by beating Parra. And of course now we’re playing Parra on the back of another 5 game losing streak.

Maybe we’ll win this one and kick off another winning streak?

That being said I’m going to this game so it’s a guarantee that we’ll lose.

Yosh

Coach
Ponga to 5/8, Watson to FB,
Buhrer to start at hooker with Tex Hoy off the bench.
Sione to centre with Hunt moved over to replace SKD, SKD moved to centre to replace Moga.
Moga to the wing to replace Mann
JSaf moves in to the second row to replace Barny and Barny to front row to replace Dsaf who moves to the bench.

Lets try this for a week and see how we go. We can easily change it back again or completely change it around next week.

Then all we need is Klein or Perenara as referee and we are set for a massive win.

Perfect. Just add a 3 minute cameo for Crossland and we're good to go.

Same team named as last week's pretty much:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Kurt Mann
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Tautau Moga
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Mason Lino
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Connor Watson
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Tim Glasby

Interchange:
14. Jacob Saifiti
15. James Gavet
16. Sione Mata'utia
17. Aidan Guerra

18. Jamie Buhrer
19. Beau Fermor
20. Jirah Momoisea
21. Danny Levi

Old dog

Bench
Do the selections, numbers on back indicate that Moga will be right centre and Hunt back to left.
Could we see further changes such as Levi in, Gavet out and Guerra playing middle with Glasby covering prop.
My pick from squad selected is Klemmer and Glasby up front with Guerra at 13, DanS and J SAF on together replacing Klemmer and Glasby, Sione relieving Guerra with Levi playing hooker for 10-15 either side of half way to rest Watson.
Sorry if that’s to much common sense on use of squad and Bench

Knight76

Juniors
Brown doesn't change the squad around much from the named 21 from what I've seen.

Just picks the same squad and sticks with them through thin and thinner.

I'm getting really sick of all these 'now or never, do or die' articles that are getting spat out every day for the past week or two.. We know we have to win, just go out and do it lol

Loose Cannon

Bench
I'm getting really sick of all these 'now or never, do or die' articles that are getting spat out every day for the past week or two.. We know we have to win, just go out and do it lol
Me too.

Are players not aware they should try every game?

Tells a story where we are professionally.

Swarzey

Bench
Perenara has refereed us 27 times since 2011 - for just 6 wins.

Since Brown took over the club we've lost 15 of 17 games under Perenara

This just in, team that hasn't won much in the last 4 years doesn't have a good win rate under referee.

:rolleyes:

Old dog

Bench
So is the problem the ref, biased and hates team, coach and individual players or is it a case of coach not picking up on problem areas and coaching side to avoid confrontation with ref or is it a bit of both and both sides unwilling to give in. And in the middle is the fan.

Latest posts